Author Topic: Winter Fixes  (Read 157 times)

Offline Harpo

Winter Fixes
« on: February 13, 2018, 10:27:24 AM »
Howdy all - just writing something 'cause it seems like the Pan section stagnates once in awhile.  Just got some much needed things done on the '49.  Changed out the kicker ratchet gears (was tired of it falling through every now and then - hard on my knee).  Fixed the hand shifter pivot stud on the tank - was way loose.  Fixed a carb bowl gas leak on the old Linkert.  Also fixed (I know this is hard to believe) a "few" oil leaks.  Cleaned up and all ready to go for spring - nice feeling.  Others chime in on what you've had to do this winter to your rides.  If we can't ride 'em we might as well talk about 'em. 

Offline Ozbob

Re: Winter Fixes
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 02:26:53 PM »
Got my hot rodded '65 up on the stand at the moment fitting a Gasbox oil tank, Kick only, also chasing a 70mph ignition/fuel breakdown.
getting it ready for a 2 day run with my wife on her street 500 for our wedding anniversary, will be her first overnighter on her own bike.
The '65 as always needs love before a big trip. Gotta love the pans. I ride mine more than my twinkies.

Offline Harpo

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 10:16:59 AM »
Ozbob - what have you done to your '65 to hot rod it?  Cam/carb/stroker?  Hope your trip is trouble free.  Sounds like an awesome anniversary "scenario".

Offline Ozbob

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 01:59:44 PM »
Apes, S&S P93 engine, Baker 4 speed, 3" belt drive, Gas Box oil tank(in progress), le Pera seat, earlier tank badges,
The '65 g/box, primary and engine is all on the shelf
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 02:11:42 PM by Ozbob »

Offline twincamzz

• 1961 Duo-Glide , 2017 Ultra Limited Low
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 06:14:56 AM »
Replacing the rear hydraulic brake light switch on my 61 Pan. The switch came loose from the mounting bracket causing ground problems and intermittent brake light. Also plan on some maintenance in the auto-advance timer area. Nothing fancy planned, just some much needed maintenance that I can never find time to do during riding season.

Offline Deye76

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2018, 01:27:49 PM »
Ozbob, excellent looking Pan. For a 93" I'd get a timer (distributor) that accepts a electronic ignition. Hard to tell from the pic what carb you are running. I'd for sure ditch the open stack.
East Tenn.
2014 CVO RK, 2015 RGS, 1992 FXRP

Offline Ozbob

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2018, 07:09:11 PM »
Cheers, S&S P93 engine comes fitted with S&S electronic ignition, I converted mine to points. S&S E carb
Stack is on for shorts runs, filter goes on for long hauls.