Author Topic: IAC Problem  (Read 433 times)

Offline zoot

IAC Problem
« on: February 14, 2018, 11:27:46 AM »
Last Oct bike started the no idle thing again so usely clean iac hole and be good to go. Didn't happen this time  no plunger movements so with 100.000+ miles thinking time for a new iac.I had several other issues,some expensive to deal with plus my health issues so not in big hurry . Last week got everything back together and running ,all but the iac ,witch is new . can't get to work. Plunger might move some but does not set for idle.been reading the electric manual but no help yet.
Does anyone have any help full tricks or subjection I could try? Electronic stuff is great till it breaks. Also seen that there were manual idle controls for sale.???

Offline zoot

Re: IAC Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 06:53:33 AM »
hummm.  nobody has any thoughts on why iac not working?

Offline Panzer

• Shed Master
  • Live one day at a time.
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 10:24:57 AM »
Not yet, hang in.
You don't have to shovel sunshine ..... let's ride.

Offline BKACHE

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 11:55:15 AM »
I think it is because you are bad - naughty Zoot.
I am of no help - my SnS Super B does not have idle air controller.
Now where are my coconuts.

Offline zoot

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 02:59:18 PM »
I think it is because you are bad - naughty Zoot.
I am of no help - my SnS Super B does not have idle air controller.
Now where are my coconuts.

that could be, been told that before 
Had a super D on my 88ci sporster   about 25 miles range on the peanut tank.
and your coconuts are in florida on the tree just waiting for a monkey to climb it to get them

Offline Thermodyne

• Site Supporter
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 03:08:35 PM »
If you don't have any codes, then go to the IAC area of the mauual and run the diagnostics. 

Offline zoot

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2018, 03:48:15 PM »
If you don't have any codes, then go to the IAC area of the mauual and run the diagnostics.

The IAC was all the way down to bottom of stop. it would not cycle  it was a new one. I took loose and while pluged up I was able to move plunger to top and from there it would cycle. I put it back in and run IAC setup from the program. sorta worked as I had a very high air fuel mixture. o2 censers where old, years, only replaced once sense I had bike  I ordered 2 from auto zone they be there 900 am tomorrow so I'll try IAC setup again and hope it does better.             ( Bosch part# 17014)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:44:00 PM by FSG »

Offline zoot

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2018, 04:49:50 PM »
This is starting to be a pain in the aXX  Had code po131, o2 sensors.  autozone had the new ones.  tried to do iac setup but wouldn't idle. back cylinder dead. replaced plug and it started worked at about 2000 rpm. Seemed to do ok at higher rpm. Went for a ride the more I rode better it run, O2 sensors dialing things in I guess  but still no idle.Got home  started to do iac diag checks and  seems rear injector is leaking as it was wet around rear cylinder looking through t-body. Manual said leaking injector( and several other things) might cause iac problems. Can injectors be cleaned or do I  just by new ones.