Author Topic: Before you Dyno tune check list  (Read 5949 times)

Offline BVHOG

• Site Supporter
Re: Before you Dyno tune check list
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2018, 06:15:41 AM »
Now with the common cell phone holding MOVIES taken from the phone ,Take make a movie while they are tuning your bike. Lets say they run it PAST the 6.2k RPM limit that most set and they tell ya "I did not" ya have it in the phone. I myself will be bring a 1 hr tape with a old school 8mm recorder to my next tune. FULL list per this forum and PROOF after all is completed!!

If you don't trust your tuning shop enough to not video him then you need to find a new guy.  Been filmed many times with a cell phone but If you wan't to bring an 8 mm camera to the shop for the entire tune you can video me kicking you out of my shop. There are many things that need the tuners full concentration  and attention while making calibration corrections etc. and you will only serve to be a distraction.
If you don't have a sense of humor you probably have no sense at all.

Offline Hossamania

• Site Supporter
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2018, 06:31:51 AM »
And who the hell still uses an 8mm camera?
That reminded me of an old McDonalds commercial:
"What can I get for two dollars?"
"You can get out."
My boss always says mean things to me,
like, "You're late."

Online rigidthumper

• Site Supporter
  • When tuners are outlawed, only outlaws will tune..
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2018, 10:51:32 AM »
Thanks for the giggle, guys. We had a window ( as big as the dyno cell) that folks could watch from- I'd forget they were there, until one of them would bang on the glass 8^)
If you never measure your work, you can assume it's perfect.
Doesn't make it so.

Online Templer

• For God and Country
« Reply #28 on: February 17, 2018, 09:18:42 AM »
FIRST:cell phone have a magic way of getting lost or stolen. As I have a fully functioning (at the time of this post) 8mm unit with ZOOM and the tape made can be placed in a safe, any changes that magically happen can be PROOFED! I trust the tuner I have now but want the doc setup list and the tune recorded. Covers them and ME!!! IF the tuner wants to suggest my leaving there shop BECAUSE of the list and recording I AM AT THE INCORRECT TUNER!!

Offline Hossamania

• Site Supporter
« Reply #29 on: February 17, 2018, 09:38:53 AM »
The video on your cell phone can be saved in The Cloud, transferred to your computer, saved to a disk drive, a thumb drive, transferred to multiple places for safe storage. This can all be done while recording, or at the very least before you even leave the room. Even if your phone gets lost, the video can be recovered.
Your film gets lost or burned up or stolen, it's gone for good.
I'm not here to argue your point of recording the procedure, just your point that film is a better choice than digital video for this scenario. If you want to use Super 8, I say go for it! You can have the neighbors over and show your vacation films and your Dyno tune film on a sheet on the wall, make party of it like my parents used to in the old days!

Ok, most of this post was just me being a wise ass, no offense intended. Just having some fun!
My boss always says mean things to me,
like, "You're late."

Online Templer

• For God and Country
« Reply #30 on: February 17, 2018, 10:47:29 AM »
I truly understand BUT 4 the fact that I don't use a cell phone. cloud or off site backup.Have reported a hack to Chevron tho. Did the service station Wayne console upgrades in my area. THEY hacked the backup files including credit card #s. Gave company phone back when I retired and will not get one till I have to. I do have a pay by the hour 5 year old cheap unit that just magically turned up. JUST FOR THE RECORD!!

Offline Just Nick

• Site Supporter
  • Stop staring at my wife's boobs
« Reply #31 on: February 17, 2018, 11:20:20 AM »
I just want to know what happened to you to make it this extreme to want to record the tune and keep the tape in the safe. I have tuned countless bikes and never had anyone want to film me in this manner. This is just very odd. Most of the people and dealers that I tune for have done the homework and know how I operate I don't hide anything but I do think I would not allow someone to demand all of this I would refuse to do the work for them. Maybe I am reading all this wrong maybe not I don't know. Now I do have a extensive check list I perform before I will tune a bike to make sure it is safe for me and the bike and I have had a lot of people watch as I tune and some will film for a few minutes but not in this manner. I also spend the time with people and go over what it is to tune and how I do it. Why so extreme sir ?
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong