Author Topic: My New Flathead Chopper  (Read 16839 times)

Offline Pzokes

Re: My New Flathead Chopper
« Reply #50 on: January 06, 2012, 07:55:47 PM »
Looks like Love Cycles "Birdcatcher is all sold out.  It was an exact copy of Jammer's early 70's smooth "birdcatcher" and appeared to be more a labor of love than a profit item.  I have a small backyard aluminum foundry, so I know the work involved to cast it, polish it, and machine it
There's miles to go before I sleep.

Offline CraigArizona85248

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2012, 06:26:02 PM »
Don,

Those Birdcatchers that Love Cycles makes are awesome.  It's cool being located so close to an old style chopper shop like Love Cycles.  I've been in there a few times.  Jerimiah is a really cool guy.

-Craig

Offline Pzokes

« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2012, 07:23:37 PM »

I'd like to go to their aniversary party.  Are you going?  I was pissed when I found out that the brass birdcatchers were sold out.  The refactory cement in my foundry will hold up to casting brass, and I might be able to use the Love Cycle birdcatcher as a mold, but I don't have an area set up for casting and left some items when I moved...I don't even have the garage set up in this house yet.  I should probably put a Handy Hannah on it instead, for somethine "old school".
There's miles to go before I sleep.

Offline Carl 1969

« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2014, 05:04:06 PM »
My apologies for resurrecting an old thread, but you have mad skills, my friend. Reminds me of the old iron my dad & friends built & rode when I was a kid.

I've always wanted a Flatty & hate I didn't get one before prices went crazy. I passed on a super clean, TüV-legal UL chop when I was stationed in Germany in the mid '90's for $6500 & still kick myself for it.
Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben.
Sergeant First Class, US Army, Retired

Offline CraigArizona85248

• Administrator
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2014, 07:08:41 PM »
Don (Pzokes) had a great eye for old chops and strong building skills. Unfortunately he passed away in April 2012. He was a real genuine guy and a friend. He'd be thrilled that people are still appreciating his work.

-Craig

Offline Carl 1969

« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2014, 06:14:41 AM »
Dang. Did not know this. RIP, friend.
Lieber stehend sterben, als kniend leben.
Sergeant First Class, US Army, Retired