Author Topic: CB Problem  (Read 238 times)

Offline scootertrash1

• Site Supporter
  • Saddle Up
CB Problem
« on: August 23, 2017, 02:22:25 PM »
Hi All,
I have 2010 Ultra with standard Harmon Kardin radio. I do have the 4 channel Hawg Tunes power amp I installed probably 5 years ago with up grade speakers. All works fine through headphones, speakers front and back as the selector switch is moved. I even have a Sirius radio tuner plugged in the AUX. Trouble is the CB. I can broadcast just fine and I am heard by truckers and other riders with their CB on. With volume turned up as high as it goes, I cannot hear but just the faintest voice coming back to me. I have tried a number of other headset on my bike and mine on other bikes. My headsets work fine on other rigs. The problem is just my unit. Anybody have same experience in this area? A recent trip west was one I could have used the CB. I had it on my 2007 Ultra and worked fine then.

Offline UltraNutZ

• 2012 FLHTK VTPBB
Re: CB Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2017, 04:03:03 PM »
unfortunately, unless you own a HD diag tool, there's not much to troubleshoot.  But I will tell you from the sound(no pun intended) of your description, the module needs to be replaced.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Offline Coyote

• HTT Janitor
  • Administrator
  • The foothills of northern CA
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 04:50:54 PM »
Even HD can't test them. The RF test equipment required is pretty special. The dealers will just swap the module. They can be had pretty cheap on Ebay.  If you buy one on Ebay, make sure the date code on it is newer. They had a lot of bad ones the first few years.
I feel the need... for twisties with speed.

Offline scootertrash1

• Site Supporter
  • Saddle Up
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2017, 10:15:56 PM »
Thanks for the input!