Author Topic: Boom Software vs. Map Update  (Read 346 times)

Offline TerryJFT

Boom Software vs. Map Update
« on: September 15, 2017, 11:28:58 AM »
I looked and didn't see this covered. I downloaded and installed the latest software update for the Boom 6.5GT CVO recently (2015 CVO Road Glide Ultra).  Last night, I decided to attempt installing the Navigation map update from the 2015 map to the current.

I followed the steps for making the update USB and plugged it into the bike. There was an "authenticating" routine then: "Software Update, Please Wait".  The screen would cycle between this message and a blank screen.  This went on for hours.  I even let it go overnight (hooked up battery tender).

Called the MOCO today.  They said it is a known bug in the new Boom software where it will NOT take gps map updates.  Seems like it would be fairly simple for them to just say this on the web site...or not allow the download.

Offline FurryOne

• Site Supporter
Re: Boom Software vs. Map Update
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2017, 07:54:51 PM »
See they have another Boom update available:  65GT_1.21.3.1  - Anyone want to be the first to beta test it?   :sheep:

Offline Rockout Rocker Products

• Premium Vendor
  • www.rockout.biz
    • www.rockout.biz
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 04:37:10 AM »
Maybe reload an earlier version of the Boom software, upgrade the maps, then load the new Boom?
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Offline TerryJFT

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2017, 10:42:06 PM »
MOCO claimed reloading old would not work.  Gonna try the new software tomorrow.

Offline Rockout Rocker Products

• Premium Vendor
  • www.rockout.biz
    • www.rockout.biz
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 07:40:28 AM »
That's odd... I've gone back to earlier Boom versions on my '15 Limited many times after finding the "latest greatest" doesn't work  :idunno:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!