Author Topic: Harman Kardon stereo not working  (Read 369 times)

Offline Hog.pilot

• Never work harder than you play !!!
Harman Kardon stereo not working
« on: September 19, 2017, 10:18:12 AM »
The stereo in my 2007 Ultra Classic has no output to the speakers  Also the CD does not appear to be functioning. All other aspects of the stereo seem to be functioning.  Any thoughts.  I have contacted Harman Kardon but at this point they have not returned my call.

Offline No Cents

• there is no cure for what I got !
Re: Harman Kardon stereo not working
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2017, 10:22:03 AM »
 contact Iron Cross Audio.
Tony may be able to help you.
(201)207-7157
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Offline caulk04

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 11:46:32 AM »
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1186804-stock-hk-radio-cutting-out-options.html

Perhaps something in there will strike your fancy. Mine was acting up and since doing what I speak of in that post it's been fine.

Offline UltraNutZ

• 2012 FLHTK VTPBB
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2017, 05:20:27 AM »
The stereo in my 2007 Ultra Classic has no output to the speakers  Also the CD does not appear to be functioning. All other aspects of the stereo seem to be functioning.  Any thoughts.  I have contacted Harman Kardon but at this point they have not returned my call.

you'll get nowhere with HD/HK especially on a 2007 unit.

you have a few choices.

1. do as nocents stated and contact Tony.  he'll not only fix the issue but do other things for you as well such as add RCA outputs, change backlighting color, upgrade the cheezy HD/HK seals, etc.
2. get on the forums and buy a radio from a 2006 through 2013 ultra.  They're all the same just make sure it's from an ultra otherwise you'll find yourself frustrated and at the dealer paying them to turn on fader control
3. buy a replacement head unit that is a perfect fit such as aquatic av or Jensen

Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons