Author Topic: New member from Italy  (Read 284 times)

Offline MARCE

New member from Italy
« on: October 03, 2017, 04:57:59 AM »
Hello guys, my name's Alberto, I'm from Ferrara , a little town north-east of Italy. I'm 48 and I own a beautiful 1999 lazer red Heritage Springer named Titanic. I'm a proud member of Heritage Springer Forum Association and another mate there informed me about your site.
Actually I'm not so good at dealing with tools, I'm not a good mechanic, so it'd be btter for me to learn something. I've recently read a lot about technical matters, but I haven't reached a sufficient level to fix my bike by myself.

I live in a plain territory but I'm so keen on mountains, I usually go for my ride to Alps and Appennines. I have a youtube channel if you want to visit it, I'd be honoured.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYVENzptEE4jMTh-GMXVb4A

Offline SixShooter14

• HTT Greeter
  • Site Supporter
  • Proud Arkansan
Re: New member from Italy
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 08:49:52 AM »
Howdy Alberto, welcome from Arkansas, USA.

If you want to get better at wrenching, the technical sections here are full of good info. And helpful members. Just read and ask if you don't understand something or can't find what you need.

As for your videos.....I'm extremely jealous. That looks like some fantastic riding.
'92 FXSTC mostly stock

Offline Pete_Vit

• Site Supporter
  • "No good deed goes unpunished"
    • Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 11:03:47 AM »
Hello guys, my name's Alberto, I'm from Ferrara , a little town north-east of Italy. I'm 48 and I own a beautiful 1999 lazer red Heritage Springer named Titanic. I'm a proud member of Heritage Springer Forum Association and another mate there informed me about your site.
Actually I'm not so good at dealing with tools, I'm not a good mechanic, so it'd be btter for me to learn something. I've recently read a lot about technical matters, but I haven't reached a sufficient level to fix my bike by myself.

I live in a plain territory but I'm so keen on mountains, I usually go for my ride to Alps and Appennines. I have a youtube channel if you want to visit it, I'd be honoured.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYVENzptEE4jMTh-GMXVb4A
Nice! got a 96 Softail Springer myself - my family, dad's family is from Abruzzo, Mom's from Naples, still have family there, Love to visit sometime, welcome from Central Arkansas, best place around for anything you need !
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS  -     AMA
http://www.harleypartscheap.com/

Offline MARCE

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 01:18:40 PM »
Thanks guys, yes the landscape is very impressive. Sixshooter don't be jealous, just come, beautiful places and great food, believe me.
Pete in Abruzzo there are Majella and Gran Sasso,  their parks,  two of the most beautiful parts of the Appennines. I have videos in my channel about Appennines but the northern part.

Offline Hossamania

• K1600 Owner in Training
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2017, 02:49:49 PM »
Welcome to the site! I took a look at your videos and saw the Dolomites, had to watch it, my wife and I rode them last year with the Edelweiss tour group. Absolutely beautiful. Loved riding in your country. Of course, we had to do Stelvio Pass. I can't wait to get back there and do it again. You live in a beautiful country, the people were wonderful.
I hope you enjoy your time here in HTT.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline MARCE

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2017, 10:31:56 PM »
Thanks Hossamania for your beautiful words. Stelvio is gorgeus, but you should try other ones, cause it's full of passes and you should see different places.. This year I wanted to ride to some passes, I 've never been to a lot of passes like Gavia pass, they say it's beautiful. I wasn't able cause I had an accident with my bike ,so I couldn't make those trips. However if you want to check it with Google maps, I suggest you these passes: Rolle, Valles, Pellegrino, Sella,  Pordoi ,Falzarego, Gardena, Valparola, Fedaia.  Therese one are very close one another and Fedaia is by Marmolada and its Glacier, a place you must ģo. Last year with my wife I made a trip in a weekend, two days, 700 km, most on the mountains, 11 passes. It was a great trip believe me.
However if you want to come again and plan a trip I'll be glad to give all the info you need. I'm at your complete disposal, ok?
Appennines are less impressive cause the don't have those huge stones, but they have very pretty villages in which you can taste delicious food. If you want make a research on google images digiting val D'orcia, Pienza, Montepulciano, just for instance.
Please let me know if you like them.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 10:42:30 PM by MARCE »

Offline Hossamania

• K1600 Owner in Training
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2017, 04:43:27 AM »
Thanks, Marce. We were there for 10 days on the Ultimate Alps Tour, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy. I can't even tell you how many passes we did, they seemed to come one after the other. I had a great time riding. The small towns and villages were beautiful and just so relaxing.
Thanks for your offer to help set up some more great riding. Not sure when I'll be able to come back to your area, but it is definitely something I would love to do again.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline Pete_Vit

• Site Supporter
  • "No good deed goes unpunished"
    • Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2017, 08:21:10 AM »
Thanks guys, yes the landscape is very impressive. Sixshooter don't be jealous, just come, beautiful places and great food, believe me.
Pete in Abruzzo there are Majella and Gran Sasso,  their parks,  two of the most beautiful parts of the Appennines. I have videos in my channel about Appennines but the northern part.
:up: I'll check thanks
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS  -     AMA
http://www.harleypartscheap.com/