Author Topic: Black exhaust for '05 Road King  (Read 194 times)

Offline Hossamania

• K1600 Owner in Training
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
Black exhaust for '05 Road King
« on: October 20, 2017, 04:28:38 AM »
A friend wants to put black exhaust on his '05 RK, staying at 88", putting in 509 cams, fuel injected. He would like a dual exhaust setup, but is not against a good two into one, he wants the power as much or more than looks. I have talked him out of true duals, as they normally lose low end torque. He has the stock pipe with SE mufflers, which would work fine, but he wants the black pipes.
The choices get a little overwhelming, I haven't really looked at pipes in a while, any suggestions?
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline Paniolo

• Ride Like a Pro West Coast
Re: Black exhaust for '05 Road King
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2017, 01:17:59 PM »
SuperTrapp SuperMeg makes a black 2-1.
Life can only be lived in the present moment.

Offline tmwmoose

• Site Supporter
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2017, 01:38:41 PM »
Tons of heat shields for his bike out there or use his and powdercoat his black the mufflers too, that will keep a lot of $$ in his pocket for other stuff

Offline Hossamania

• K1600 Owner in Training
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 03:52:23 PM »
Tons of heat shields for his bike out there or use his and powdercoat his black the mufflers too, that will keep a lot of $$ in his pocket for other stuff

I thought about that, I even thought about just roughing up the shields and spraying them with some stove black paint.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline e-glide90

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2017, 04:00:09 PM »
had heat shields and mufflers blasted and powder coated hi-temp black, did not last. had mufflers re blasted then painted BBQ black, still look good after most of summer. stripped heat shields with airplane paint remover (didn't want to re blast) and painted. got a few small scratches, just taped off and repainted on bike.

Offline tmwmoose

• Site Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2017, 04:21:13 PM »

I thought about that, I even thought about just roughing up the shields and spraying them with some stove black paint.

I painted my Rineharts with Duplicolors Hi Temp satin black or low gloss black I forget which one but will find out if your interested . Hoss the paint which ever one it was matched the currant satin PD and ceramic coatings used on exhaust these days I was very impressed and it cooked on real good!