Author Topic: 2018, 117", FLTRSEI, completely stock  (Read 2363 times)

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
Re: 2018, 117", FLTRSEI, completely stock
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2017, 01:33:10 PM »
Trask Assault
www.gmrperformance.com  www.compensaver.com
817-741-2000   FORT WORTH TX

Offline krwson

• Site Supporter
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2017, 05:50:46 PM »
Nice work !  No oil pump or sumping issues ?

Offline No Cents

• there is no cure for what I got !
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2017, 04:22:45 AM »
    :agree:   ...nice work Steve.  :up:
  It's just hard for me to even consider spending over 40K for a CVO bike just to get a 117"...but it looks like the MoCo has stepped up the performance a bit if your willing and able to spend that kind of cash.
  I have restrained myself from buying an M8 with all the noted problems they have going on. It should be an excellent power plant once they get all the bugs ironed out of it. It still seems to me that the customer is going to be the beta tester for the MoCo. If I were to spend 40K+ on a bike...I would hope it would run perfect. That's a chance I'm not willing to take right now. I'll wait a few more years to see how things go.
  Keep up the great work. It's guys like you and Daren showing us real results with these M8's...with no smoke or mirrors.

Offline lucasg

« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2017, 04:06:52 PM »
Great work as usual Steve  :  :up: :up:  looks a really nice strong running bike that would keep most riders happy  :bike:a shame that a person still has to go and dump more coin into something that's supposed to be the " flagship of the MoCo to achieve these kinds of results after spending almost double for a standard model.  Just sayin ....

Online Hossamania

• Road Glide Lover
  • Site Supporter
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2017, 07:21:40 PM »
I think any production vehicle could benefit from a good tune, they are built to be within a range of tolerence, not a super tight spec. Therefore, the factory tune has to be able to work within those wide specs. They can't build them with max performance parts and still offer long term warranties and generic tunes.
Even high performance vehicles (Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) would benefit from a good tune, maybe not results as dramatic as would happen with vehicles produced in high numbers, but still an improvement. A factory just can't take the time to dial in each vehicle individually. So I really can't blame Harley for not squeezing every bit of power out of their bikes. That's our job, if we choose.
Just my opinion, of course.
"... a fast car, a coast to reach,
and a woman at the end of the road"

Offline sfmichael

• Site Supporter
  • Hoping to build the next mighty 'mouse'
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2017, 09:18:33 PM »
I think any production vehicle could benefit from a good tune, they are built to be within a range of tolerence, not a super tight spec. Therefore, the factory tune has to be able to work within those wide specs. They can't build them with max performance parts and still offer long term warranties and generic tunes.
Even high performance vehicles (Porsche, Ferrari, etc.) would benefit from a good tune, maybe not results as dramatic as would happen with vehicles produced in high numbers, but still an improvement. A factory just can't take the time to dial in each vehicle individually. So I really can't blame Harley for not squeezing every bit of power out of their bikes. That's our job, if we choose.

Just my opinion, of course.

:up: :up: NAILED IT!

Great work as usual Steve  :  :up: :up:  looks a really nice strong running bike that would keep most riders happy  :bike: a shame that a person still has to go and dump more coin into something that's supposed to be the " flagship of the MoCo to achieve these kinds of results after spending almost double for a standard model.  Just sayin ....

if I had a dollar for every time someone sang this sad song - EVERY vehicle made can be made to run better once you step outside the EPA guidelines that all manufacturers have to comply with

read the above quote

buy pre-owned or open your wallet wider if you want it optimized before you ride new...smfh
Colorado Springs, CO.

Offline r0de_runr

• My site:
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 07:10:15 AM »
buy pre-owned or open your wallet wider if you want it optimized before you ride new...smfh

I doubt you can get 30 more horses out of your typical Japanese bike no matter stage I II or III.

Why does the HD Company sell a 117, a 114, and a 107?  There is really no more money in any one of them over the other at time of assembly into a motorcycle.  Would a buyer, given all three choices at the same cost to the buyer, really pick a smaller motor?

Why does the company sell a Stage II cam that is still EPA legal? Why not just install that cam at time of assembly?

HD deliberately "de-tunes" these bike to make money selling us parts we should have gotten in the first place.  Can you spell "-99C lifters)
Teach your son to ride, shoot and always speak the truth.

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 07:18:13 AM »
a CVO is not just about the engine . It is also about the custom colors the different rims painted inner fairing gauge package etc ..  its about options why does ford sell a platinum truck package ?? or Dodge a Laramie ?? I own a Laramie its WAY nice inside than the std trucks or for that fact anything but that package. Heated seats  air conditions seats , back up camera upgraded alpine sound system   just options has the same 6.7 cummins as the others do in the 2500 . shift of the fly 4x4 vs pulling a lever both do the same job .. I still do not see what the big deal is about cost that is your opinion . To me this is about the data gathering of testing the bike in each stage and seeing how it response's to the new parts . That is it ..

All manufactures have the engine de tuned  that is just the way it is .. 

Offline festus

• Site Supporter
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 02:09:08 PM »
Had two Raptors. Way nicer than my uncles XLT.
Still ran better than stock with a “canned tune”.

Keep up the testing please. We know this is not “free”.
I try to support the shops on this site when getting work done and recommended
To my friends who do not participate in this site.
And prob will go back to a CVO in 2020.

Let’s not forget it was not to long ago that most just
want a flat 100ft lbs torque line.
Oh we always want more!!! 

And now....back to testing.

Nothing is impossible if you don't have to do it yourself.

Offline Eccool

« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 07:09:46 AM »
I apologize if I missed it, but what cam was used on the stage two?

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 07:39:17 AM »
the cam is a custom ground test unit so no real name for it . lift just over 460  small cam really compared to what most use . Tq curve was goal

Offline badcooky

« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2017, 08:53:08 PM »
Awesome stuff.

Offline Ohio HD

• Professional Cat Herder
  • Administrator
  • OH CRAP!
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2017, 07:28:41 AM »
the cam is a custom ground test unit so no real name for it . lift just over 460  small cam really compared to what most use . Tq curve was goal

I think you should name the cam "AS-xxx" xxx being what ever lift the cam is, and the AS is "Arm Stretcher"       :chop:

For the best deal on bike parts, call Calif Phil
     www.harleypartscheap.com

Offline FLSTFIDave

« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2017, 01:24:13 PM »

Here is the final on the build  Bolt in cam with the fulsac ex  130 lb springs and AIM SDR  Very nice overall in my opinion

JL 18 CVO 117 with fulsac and cam by GMR Performance, on Flickr

That is very nice.  Looks like a blast to ride.  Are you going to be selling that cam?  I already have the MX head pipe and cores on my 18 CVO RG.  Very nice numbers for a very modest investment. 
2018 CVO Road Glide, Gunship Gray
2013 CVO Road King, Anniversary  03 Fatboy

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2017, 04:24:14 PM »
Yes I think I may sell the New cam