Author Topic: TTS: Speedo/tacho & odometer not work while V-tuning  (Read 243 times)

Offline Roj

Speedo/tacho & odometer not work while V-tuning
« on: November 12, 2017, 09:55:06 PM »
Hi All.
I am having an issue V-Tuning my 107 TC. Not so much the V-Tune runs just, that the speedo/tacho and odometer doesn't work while V-tuning.
I have searched the web, talked to other folk who use TTS and searched most of the forums, have'nt found anyone else who has this issue.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Roj

Offline rigidthumper

• Administrator
Re: Speedo/tacho & odometer not work while V-tuning
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2017, 04:35:57 AM »
TTS manuals cover this. Sometimes the data recording rate is set high enough to cause this: all the data stream info is going into the VCI, fast enough time to interfere with the bikes instruments.  Instrument function will go back to normal as soon as you're done. You can reduce the data transfer rate if you wish, but it's not necessary.
From  Data Master2 help files:
MY 2014-16 ETC Equipped Data Collection Warning: Through extensive testing using the Factory Dealership Test Tool (Digital Technician) TTS has found the new HDLAN (CAN-bus) system used on ALL 2014-16 Electronic Throttle Controlled (“ETC”) Harley-Davidson motorcycles will not properly handle the messages on the data bus at higher data rates.  When data is collected at higher rates the system begins to fail as indicated by the following symptoms: The security light is set, the odometer stops updating, and trouble codes are set in the ECM, BCM and ABS modules.  We have found the system begins dropping messages and/or not updating messages that various modules require for proper safety operation.
When data is collected at slower rates, these problems are not apparent on the system.  Due to these issues, TTS has set our products to collect data at a slower rate than we would normally use.  Adjusting the data collection rate (i.e. frame rate) to a higher rate is NOT recommended due to the safety concerns this problem may cause.  If you adjust the system to higher data collection rates, you do so at your own risk and peril.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 04:48:24 AM by rigidthumper »

Offline Roj

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2017, 11:41:12 AM »
Thanks for the reply RigidThumper.
I have also read this in the manual for 2014 - 2016 bikes however, does this still apply to 2007 models? Also, the bit rate was set to 5 frames by default.

I will have a muck around with it again today and see what i can see.

Roj

Offline Roj

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2017, 03:17:54 PM »
All sorted.
Thanks

Offline Roj

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 03:54:37 PM »
Just a follow up on my original post.
Removing the "Lights Fuse" resolves the problem.