Author Topic: DynoJet: AFR values  (Read 593 times)

Offline johnk1173

AFR values
« on: November 24, 2017, 02:07:22 PM »
Finished hooking up the powervision target tune to my 2013 FLHX. I flashed the ECM with the pre-configured tune from Fuel Moto. I configured the gauges to show AFR from the dynojet, and AFR from the vehicle. When I run the bike I don't get any numbers in the gauges. I also chose the lambda from the dynojet and it too shows no values when the bike is running. I'm wondering if I didn't fully insert the O2 sensor leads into the target tune module? I see a value of 5.10 on the O2 sensor voltage in the gauges screen.

Offline jelildude

Re: AFR values
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 11:36:57 AM »
I'd think no 02 voltage to the TT module and hence to the ECM would result in a code generated. I have Target Tune, when I want to confirm it's operational I look at my CLI front and rear, as well as WBO2 readings on the Powervision Gauge screen.

Offline Coyote

• HTT Janitor
  • Administrator
  • The foothills of northern CA
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 12:33:40 PM »
Check the TT Module. If you have the sensors correctly connected, the red light will flash for a bit on power up and then go steady once the sensors are online. If it never goes steady on, you have an issue between the module and the sensors (or a bad sensor)
I feel the need... for twisties with speed.

Offline Jamie Long

• Premium Vendor
    • Fuel Moto USA
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 08:23:54 PM »
Finished hooking up the powervision target tune to my 2013 FLHX. I flashed the ECM with the pre-configured tune from Fuel Moto. I configured the gauges to show AFR from the dynojet, and AFR from the vehicle. When I run the bike I don't get any numbers in the gauges. I also chose the lambda from the dynojet and it too shows no values when the bike is running. I'm wondering if I didn't fully insert the O2 sensor leads into the target tune module? I see a value of 5.10 on the O2 sensor voltage in the gauges screen.

It appears from your description that you have not configured the gauge channels correctly. With Target Tune the wideband data is broadcast over the ECM's databus not the Dynojet channels, and i assume you are referring to "desired AFR" which is not an active channel on Lambda based calibrations.

To view live AFR or Lambda wih Target Tune you will choose WBO2 AFR (or Lambda) Front & Rear from the Vehicle signal list. If you need any assistance just let us know

Offline Sunny Jim

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »
Just on the topic of AFR values, I notice that when data logging , my target AFRs across my map along with what I am reading on my PV gauges are mostly higher than what megalog Viewer displays on the histogram graph.
So I have Auto tuned my map several times with the A/T option in Target tune.
I gather the data, download it on MLV.
I guess my question is' what is more accurate? What I am seeing on PV TT  or what I see on MLV?