Author Topic: TTS: First Revolution Hesitation : 2017 FTSTF Stage-III  (Read 308 times)

Offline Fritzables

First Revolution Hesitation : 2017 FTSTF Stage-III
« on: December 01, 2017, 10:14:49 PM »
Hi Everyone,

OK, back 3 months ago I bought a new 2017 Fat Boy but before taking delivery f it, I had the Dealer fit the Stage-III Kit (92500035), which has the SE-585 Cam and the 10.2:1 Pistons.
As it was fitted up by the dealer, I had to go down the Screaming Eagle Pro Tuner road. Something new I had to learn as I have always been TTS.
I sent my TTS unit back to the US to have it converted to the Dual model (Have a 2014 Wide Glide that also has the TTS Fuel Map).
Whilst waiting for the TTS to come back to me, I persisted with the SE unit and settled on the 621SBH203 map.
On start the all is good, despite a bit of a flair, but not a biggie.

I have now got the TTS unit back and have installed the DBC61705 Map.

On startup, what I now find is that the first revolution hesitates and gives the impression of a flat battery, which I know is not the case.

I went back to the former SE map and all is good again. Tried a different TTS map, but got the same result.

I have the Decompression Option Enabled.

Anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Pete

Offline rigidorbust

Re: First Revolution Hesitation : 2017 FTSTF Stage-III
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 12:32:18 AM »
i have the same problem,  if I only touch the start button ,wait 2 sec, it starts right up , wonder what it is, the batteri is full

Offline eddfive

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 05:37:19 AM »
From my understanding this is one of the reason that the MOCO came out with a 621 application. Better start up. If my memory serves me correctly, it has something to do with the ACR's and when they fire or open. TTS should know about this or be able to help you.

Offline rigidorbust

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2017, 08:16:06 AM »
thinking maybe to rich ,, smells fuel and sometime backfires if i continue to press start

Offline kd

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 08:34:39 AM »
I don't think it should be firing on that first turn.  :nix:
KD

Offline Fritzables

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 02:42:28 PM »
Thanks everyone for their responses.

I have gone to TTS on this one.

Will let you all know how it turns out.

Pete

Offline Fritzables

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 03:07:50 PM »
This is the response from TTS:

Yes I know exactly...The 617 (and earlier) cals (SE and TTS) do not always activate the ACRs properly. One start may be good...and the next one not.  Harley released Level 621 cals which fix this ACR issue. With the 621 cal, you should be able to hear them pop at key-on.

We will have new cals (Level 600) that will have that fix in the future. Timing TBD.

Offline Harley Pilot

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2017, 06:40:49 AM »
thinking maybe to rich ,, smells fuel and sometime backfires if i continue to press start
I have had the same issue when reflashing the ecm on my 08,in fact replaced the baterry only to have it happen again yesterday???