Author Topic: 2012, 110", FLTRX, SE 258, Aerocharger,  (Read 1688 times)

Online Hossamania

• K1600 Owner in Training
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
Re: 2012, 110", FLTRX, SE 258, Aerocharger,
« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2017, 07:51:24 AM »
Hot Bike mag has the Trask Turbo FXR this month, 143", 300 horsepower.
Custom frame and nothing stock, obviously.
I'm pretty sure this 110" with the Aerocharger would keep me quite happy for a long time. And as long as it demoralizes the guys I ride with, I'm good!
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline 1workinman

• Site Supporter
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2017, 10:37:12 AM »
The 143 is in the re work process now. Once completed it will be a smooth running power house across the curve.. I too think a little turbo would be nice on the 143 I  mean after all its a hot rod right ?? 

Trask did one that was 300 Hp if I recall a few others have as well . Bolt it on and go .. Myself again would run a meth kit to keep everything in check and in the TX heat never an issue. Working on a TRUE bolt on Snow kit for meth now.. No more make your own set up.  Will have a drop in kit for the saddle bag with tank/pump combo . They are gaining popularity so why not .

Jim want to be the first ???  Just money after all  :wink:
  Sure be nice if I could able to remove the bags at a car wash . I was thinking that in the Texas heat that would give me the added insurance of not rattling the engine and not have to pull excessive timing out of the motor. Back in the day I ran super unleaded and regular , water injection . You could damn sure tell when it ran out of meth lol . One of the side effects as I remember was how clean the pistons were when I pulled it down to have some head work done .

Offline Clayton24

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2017, 11:05:49 AM »
 :chop: all i can say i hold tight lol!

Offline 1workinman

• Site Supporter
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2017, 03:42:36 PM »
Saw a couple of videos today on FB that I believe was the turbo bike , damn it was roasting the rear tire at will . A hell of a lot more than I can do on either the 124 or the 143 . I asked Teresa if she would like to ride on something like that , F no lol well she probably warm up to it sooner or later lol . I will say a good supply of rear tires will be needed . Looks like fun to me . lol

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
« Reply #29 on: December 31, 2017, 04:23:09 PM »
Yes it will do just that.   Itís a monster if you want it to be or tame an easy going.  All based on how hard you roll the throttle
www.gmrperformance.com  www.compensaver.com
817-741-2000   FORT WORTH TX

Offline 1workinman

• Site Supporter
« Reply #30 on: December 31, 2017, 07:01:08 PM »
Yes that's true and at least you can . I would think restraint might be in order until you get the fell for it lol . I watched the guy bump the rev limiter I think in 4 gear or was it 3 at any rate I know how easy it it to do that in the 143 in the lower gears but this takes to a new level or two lol damn impressive Steve for a Harley street bike

Offline pwmorris

« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2018, 05:29:09 PM »
    Steve...did you ride it around the block?   :smilep:
That bike needs Velcro in the seat.

My bike at 3500 rpm's is like 100hp and 150tq...this bike at 3500 rpm's is 140hp and over 210tq.  :dgust:
I know what it's like to ride my bike...so this thing has to be just off the chain.

Nice job!   :up:

It brings a new level of excrement.. It spools up extremely fast and by spool not just the turbo . You click through gears at an alarming rate of speed  . I know customer has been blowing away many import bikes that he rides with. One guy has a turbo busa . and yes on the big end he is faster. However from what I was told its a close race to the 145+ MPH mark with it going either way ..

Yes throttle control is needed . as you are able to spin the tire at 65-70 MPH if you want .  Hence the reason we did not bring the turbo in as fast as we could .
Looks great Steve- :up:
Turbo is for sure the future of 200 plus HP pump gas STREET V Twins for sure...
Yeah it ain't easy dialing in those brutes. Controlling boost, controlling clutch, controlling heat, and keeping it under control as a daily driven street bike is quite a challenge.
BTW, if your "customer" is blowing away turbo Busa's (which range from 350 HP-700 HP and are lighter, and handle better than any V Twin I have ridden), he is either paying them to lose, or dreamin'. I gotta know his name...who is he?
Up to 145? lol. He is running 145 plus (150, 160, 170?) on public roads-going either way?" He is feeding you some shit Steve, and it's a big pile.
Track? Guess what, he is smoked salmon....
I have run against those turbo brutes, and there was nothing, nothing I could do to stop them.
 I even 60' a couple of them, guessing the light and balls out, and they just twist it and spank me like I was standing still. Now that is truth-
Most of those turbo guys ain't Rooks-they built that much HP into their bikes to do one thing....destroy the competition, grudge race for cash (thats where I got my start racing-sucker import guys into racing a "slow" Harley), anywhere, anytime, and they would laugh at a turbo Harley guy and his ego as a sign of disrespect, who thought he could "spank" them....I know a few of these race "crews" out here in SoCal (respect on both sides), and this dude would be a snack for lunch. Shit, even the "weekend warriors" run low 8's at a buck 60 plus.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIJqj_D0SF0&feature=share
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 06:13:37 PM by pwmorris »

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2018, 07:19:03 AM »
I do not know much about the turbo busa bike he raced .. I believe its his buddys that owns it .. and its not a 'huge" turbo bike".  He posted up a short video on my FB page and its banging the limiters into 4th and laying down long black stripes on the way down the street.

We have the street scene here and then the roll racers that run the toll ways and such..  . 200 + is not uncommon on public streets in traffic .. You tube the stuff not saying its smart .. but road racing here is a huge deal for what ever reason .

I have run the 145 on the hwy here myself .. and I get passed on by   :hyst:..

The bike scene at the track here is very lame , I see only a few that race .. ( back to the roll racers )

Not saying who races is fast , or that they are the best ..   But the speeds that people run on the street and why here is silly .. Here is a Dallas vid guy tapped 185 ish in the one scene and end of the clip a run rolls on by him at a good clip so how fast is he rolling..   

The traffic they are rolling through is silly ..  The H2R bike is gaining popularity I have had a few on the drum  and they run EXTREMELY hard upper  280 to the tire in stock form .. turbo H2R out of Dallas has been at the track but they are killing the timer .. Its quick that much is very clear .

https://youtu.be/w7B2xBxzg10
« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 07:26:33 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »

Online Hossamania

• K1600 Owner in Training
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
« Reply #33 on: January 04, 2018, 09:57:51 AM »
Well that video leads down a rabbit hole of bikers behaving badly. Which I encourage!
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
« Reply #34 on: January 04, 2018, 10:38:41 AM »
I never saw anything like this in AZ  Here is very common place . Heck we have racers from all over the country show up for the street races in Houston . Look through the street racing you tube vid  and you will be shocked at how many TX tags you see..  2000 Hp supra on the hwy   claimed king of the streets , but in the videos many bikes running as well no HD though HA HA  But speed wise no one seems to care here  :idunno:

Went down last year on a ride along . 1200 hp car is impressive . watching bikes + cars  go flying by 200 +  on one section they where 4 and 5 wide and dodging traffic !!!  One ride along for me was enough  .

Then you have the street drag racers some HD show up there and some Sport bikes but not many

look up  the unicorn corvette 2400 Hp smoking the tires at well over 100 + MPH on slicks full chute car twin turbo  .

« Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 10:45:38 AM by GMR-PERFORMANCE »

Offline pwmorris

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2018, 05:09:07 PM »
I do not know much about the turbo busa bike he raced .. I believe its his buddys that owns it .. and its not a 'huge" turbo bike".  He posted up a short video on my FB page and its banging the limiters into 4th and laying down long black stripes on the way down the street.

Cool Steve-could you post a link of this Facebook "customer" bad boy Harley guy ripping his bike at 145 mph plus running with or pulling on these Turbo or N/A Busa and import boys who live this shit every day?

Doing a gear burnout? Really?
Would love to see him "smoking" them.......as to me, he would be a legend in his own mind....and in mine.

This video you posted just proved my point-
Not a single Harley Bagger, Dyna, or any other Harley model on that video.
100% imports (both boosted and N/A) in this video, unless I missed someone.
Again, who is your "customer", as I said (let me Guess...he is running a 800 lb bagger! Lol...)
I was talking to a couple import club members about this and, as I said, first they laughed, then they said they would destroy him. Punk him, play with him, and embarrass him, if he would even want to even run at these speeds (as stupid as it is), and there is no way in hell he is is playing in this 150, 160 mph or more play pen (did you see the buck 80 speedo on that import? Damn...)
It's straight up disrespect (which I have dealt with over the years with folks at bars or bike nights), and just beating the guy ain't enough-
I personally think these guys are idiots doing this at this speed on open, public roads, but if they are doing it, it's their own death-and I hope it never causes another innocent to die due to their stupidity.
https://youtu.be/w7B2xBxzg10
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 05:15:09 PM by pwmorris »

Offline build it

« Reply #36 on: January 10, 2018, 06:55:01 AM »
I never saw anything like this in AZ  Here is very common place . Heck we have racers from all over the country show up for the street races in Houston . Look through the street racing you tube vid  and you will be shocked at how many TX tags you see..  2000 Hp supra on the hwy   claimed king of the streets , but in the videos many bikes running as well no HD though HA HA  But speed wise no one seems to care here  :idunno:

Went down last year on a ride along . 1200 hp car is impressive . watching bikes + cars  go flying by 200 +  on one section they where 4 and 5 wide and dodging traffic !!!  One ride along for me was enough  .

Then you have the street drag racers some HD show up there and some Sport bikes but not many

look up  the unicorn corvette 2400 Hp smoking the tires at well over 100 + MPH on slicks full chute car twin turbo  .

Itís weird isnít it? Youíve got Charlotte and Texas, Charlotte for the pros, and Dallas and Houston. Plenty of shops bored with building 1500 horse LS based cars in the greater Houston area. Every night you hear bikes doing the 610 loop in 6:10 or under, in Houston. Harley wise though, I donít see much, but I donít go to bars frequently either.  :teeth:
What is directionally correct? I ask myself that 100s of times per day.

Offline 1workinman

• Site Supporter
« Reply #37 on: January 10, 2018, 04:45:04 PM »

Itís weird isnít it? Youíve got Charlotte and Texas, Charlotte for the pros, and Dallas and Houston. Plenty of shops bored with building 1500 horse LS based cars in the greater Houston area. Every night you hear bikes doing the 610 loop in 6:10 or under, in Houston. Harley wise though, I donít see much, but I donít go to bars frequently either.  :teeth:
I think Dallas area is where the 496 inch blower motor came from for my brothers Integera came from . The boosted LS engines take that to a different level lol