Author Topic: New BoomBox software  (Read 861 times)

Offline FurryOne

• Site Supporter
New BoomBox software
« on: December 10, 2017, 12:33:50 PM »
H-D has just released new software for all 3 versions of the Boom Infotainment System.  Here's the list of fixes for the 6.5GT.   ( https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/owners/infotainment/software-download.html )

Premium Boom!™ Box
Version: 1.22.0.1 | Size: 880.8 MB
Date Released: 12/11/2017

File Size: 880.8 MB

Fixes

• Arrival time showed the current time after user deviated from a route.

• Next turn area displayed an arrow with the current street name.

• Special Alpha Jump characters were not displayed.

• The SMS (Short message service) repeat button wouldn’t read the message clearly if pressed multiple times before it has completed the readout.

• Audio paused after loading a ringtone.

• VR (Voice recognition) not working after an ignition cycle.

• Local media preset inconsistent between shutdowns.

• User was unable to search for preferred POI (Point of interest) after simulation sleep.

• Constant “Game Start” pop-ups.

• Presets from USB (Universal serial bus) drive 1 were still visible on USB drive 2 but not highlighted as available.

• Albums and artists heading were mismatched with list.

• AM (Amplitude modulation) radio presets not highlighted when USB was unplugged.

• Repeat button NOT enabled on first selection.

• Pre-cal reset did not delete trails.

• Accept screen appeared for less than 15s after exiting User Off mode.

• Saving or editing emergency number did not work.

• No Siri® pop-up displayed while saving an emergency number.

• Text was missing in the maneuvers list after switching to high contrast mode and then back.

• No initial Siri pop-up initiated.

• Cancel noise was heard when going from VR to Siri.

• Prompt Volume was not updated after changes in Feedback Settings.

• GPS (Global positioning system) entry changed W(O) to E in Spanish.

• WHIM (Wireless headset interface module) – Low battery pop-up was not shown for passenger headset.

• WHIM – Paired Bluetooth® device name appeared as “Headset”.

• Repeat prompt was not working.

• SiriusXM® weather map did not maintain the default zoom level.

• User off mode enabled navigation prompts.

• VR conflict if Siri was launched from phone at the same time with the radio.

• Saved USB presets for drive 2 were replaced by drive 1 after an ignition cycle.

• USB saved as favorite was not highlighted after an ignition cycle.

• Distance to next action bar disappeared before route recalculation instead of being grayed out.

• “Navigation is not ready” displayed when initiating navigation command to “Find Next Gas Station” via VR.

• Various bug fixes

Offline Rockout Rocker Products

• Premium Vendor
  • www.rockout.biz
    • www.rockout.biz
Re: New BoomBox software
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2017, 05:47:43 PM »
Thanks for that.

32 fixes plus "various bug fixes". 

Sounds like a good 5-6 minutes of testing went into the last release.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Offline PoorUB

• Site Supporter
  • Tropical Fargo, ND
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2017, 07:18:23 PM »
...and I will wait for a while to let someone else beta test the new update before I do mine! I hate it when the updates make it worse!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Offline FurryOne

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 05:45:14 PM »
...and I will wait for a while to let someone else beta test the new update before I do mine! I hate it when the updates make it worse!

I flashed mine before I wrote that.  The hardest part was staying awake while it updated.  It did reset my display brightness to Auto.

Offline dmauray

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2017, 07:09:45 AM »
When I checked the other day, that update is not there.  I thought it strange that the update was dated the day after the message saying it was there.

Offline FurryOne

• Site Supporter
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2017, 02:43:05 PM »
When I checked the other day, that update is not there.  I thought it strange that the update was dated the day after the message saying it was there.

It looks like they may have found a bug in the release or it was released "unofficially" and yanked.  I thought it was a bit funny that it was dated the 11th when it was available on the 10th (or earlier).  I save each update, so for the 6.5GT I have the 1.21.0.4, 1.21.2.1, 1.21.3.1, & 1.22.0.1 updates archived.

I haven't had a chance to really use the 1.22.0.1 version due to a foot of snow, but if they found a bug in the software, they may release a new version shortly.

Offline FurryOne

• Site Supporter
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2017, 02:51:53 PM »
Here's another weird quirk...  They now list 1.21.3.1 as the latest update, and the release date is 12/11/17.  The fixes listed are the same as that of the 1.22.0.1 update.  WTF?... I pulled the 1.21.3.1 update back on 9/25/17, so why is it now listed as 12/11/17?    :doh:

I'm a little irritated that I didn't copy each list of "fixes" for each version before.

Offline dmauray

« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2017, 07:00:21 PM »
The last time I saw a release pulled back was the one that caused my system to go to the Logo screen and mute the GPS when it was working.  I reloaded the previous release over it and all was well again.  I would be interested in what the problem with this one was or if there is something in it that shouldn't be.

Offline dmauray

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2017, 05:08:56 PM »
That same version is now available again.  Maybe it was just released early.  It now has a date of 12/15 but the internal date is still the same.

Offline FurryOne

• Site Supporter
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »
That same version is now available again.  Maybe it was just released early.  It now has a date of 12/15 but the internal date is still the same.

Yeah, it only took them 2 months to review/test it.  I used to have a utility on OS/2 that would open each file and highlight the differences - it would be interesting why 1.21.3.1 looks the same as 1.22.0.1.  All the "fixes" listed are exactly the same.

Offline berniemc

« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2017, 11:42:22 AM »
I installed the new updates and now my GPX map files wont load.

Offline FurryOne

• Site Supporter
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2017, 02:17:42 PM »
I installed the new updates and now my GPX map files wont load.

Just off-hand... what are you using to make your GPX files?

Offline berniemc

« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2017, 06:14:39 PM »
I use a program named Tyre.Been using it for 2 years with no problem until I did the last 2 updates but now it will get to the files and stop.I have tried a reset and that didnt help either and installed an older update with no success.I have 2 and it messed  up both units.

Offline FurryOne

• Site Supporter
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2017, 01:39:25 PM »
I use a program named Tyre.Been using it for 2 years with no problem until I did the last 2 updates but now it will get to the files and stop.I have tried a reset and that didnt help either and installed an older update with no success.I have 2 and it messed  up both units.

It's possible that iGO changed the way it interprets GPX files.  I've never seen a program that formats GPX files exactly the same as the Boom (iGO) system does when you "record" a trip.  For one thing, iGO records status every 1 second, and the nomenclature is different even though iGO says it's GPX 1.0 format.  Here's a snippet from a route I recorded when I rode my bike - look at Tyre's formatting with a text editor and compare it.  Also,
the Boom system seem to me to get confused when it's not told where it needs to be every second on a route - something route editors never do.

Offline dmauray

« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2017, 02:48:59 PM »
I tried loading a destination from a GPX and it routed fine.  I always build the GPX files myself instead of using some SW.  I usually just create a destination but have added waypoints to pick a specific route.  I only use enough points to stop it from taking the highway instead of the smaller roads.  You can also use HD Ride Planner to plan a route.  That is where I got the format I use for my GPX files.

Offline berniemc

« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2017, 03:33:01 PM »
Always create my own maps too with Tyre and it worked flawless till I did the freakin updates!!

Offline dmauray

« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2017, 05:05:06 PM »
I never had any luck with any of the software except the HD site.  I just create the files with a text editor.

Offline Flyingbroke

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 11:39:06 AM »
This update still working well ?

Offline FurryOne

• Site Supporter
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 03:15:49 PM »
This update still working well ?

I'm going to roll back my update because ever since I installed it we've had nothing but snow and sub-zero temperatures!  :scratch: