Author Topic: Infinity 62.11 speakers  (Read 378 times)

Offline MichaelDee

Infinity 62.11 speakers
« on: January 13, 2018, 10:46:41 AM »
I have heard nothing but good things about these speakers, especially from UltraNutz. My questions are:
will they fit front and rear in a 2009 Ultra and will I need any adapter rings, etc.?
will I get a noticeable improvement with just the stock radio and no additional amp?
if these really need additional amplification, what's out there that is reasonably priced that could be self-installed (plug & play)?
Thanks
"When you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there."  GH

Offline MichaelDee

Re: Infinity 62.11 speakers
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 11:03:50 AM »
Bueller? Bueller?...

Offline PoorUB

• Site Supporter
  • Tropical Fargo, ND
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »
http://harleytechtalk.com/index.php?topic=99985.0

Maybe this thread will help, or maybe not!

http://harleytechtalk.com/index.php?topic=99985.0

Ultranutz says they fit fine, but there is some disagreement in the thread. You could PM him and ask if you doesn't respond.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Offline aabikrman

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 08:19:34 PM »
I've got a 2000 Electra Glide that I installed these speakers in and had no problem with the fit.  I don't think there are any appreciable differences in our fairings.  The bike has a Harmon-Kardon radio out of a 2009 Ultra Glide and the speakers sound great.  I'm also running a Biketronics BT2180 amp and I'm happy with my system

I also used Metra speaker adaptors which cost about $10 that I purchased off of Ebay.  Very easy installation.  Be prepared to find a broken fairing mount(s) when you remove your fairing.  It's a well known and fairly common issue and it's a very easy fix.  Do a Youtube search.  I went ahead and purchased a repair kit in advance from, I think it was Ragan but I really don't remember now.  I suspected I had a broken fairing mount because of a squeak and once I pulled the fairing my suspicion proved correct.  The other side was about to fail as well. All of this is a very easy fix and there are videos on Youtube.  It's a very straight forward job and everything is easily accessible.

The 62.11I's are good speakers and I'm happy with mine.  They did come with adaptors and I seem to recall the supplied adaptors would have worked but didn't look as good as the Metra's and there may have been a minor alignment issue with the adaptors that came in the box but they wound up in the trash within a few minutes of comparison.....

Good luck with whatever you decide !

Offline MichaelDee

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2018, 09:05:44 AM »
Thanks to both of you. Followed the quoted thread when it was going on and just could not believe OP was having such a hard time with Ultra's advice. I might stick with the hogtunes speakers i installed in fairing (with acoustic blanket per Ultra advice), add hogtunes speakers to rear pods and hunt down a biketronics amp. low budget, i know, but these days I ride mostly with music thru headset. Thanks again, Michael