Author Topic: Boom stage 1 flash configuration  (Read 343 times)

Offline fatrova

Boom stage 1 flash configuration
« on: January 20, 2018, 04:50:08 AM »
The bike is a 16 RGU, 4 speaker with HD boom amplifier. Installation and flash were made by the dealer.

I just got the Diag4bike diagnostic tool, so I decided to check the boombox setting and had a surprise.

Speaker configuration was settled to “no configuration” and Amp 1 & 2 we’re both settled to “off”

I checked the HD instructions and they state that the configuration in place should be selected with digital technician.

So I changed to the follows:
4 Speakers/2 front fairing/2 rear pods/1 Amp
AMP1 on
AMP2 off

Everything seems to sound good, EQ sound different and even at max volume no or very little distorsion depending by the song.

Now the question: does anybody know if that is the right configuration for my setting?

I know that J&M reccomends the speaker conf with “no amp” and amp 1&2 on “no”, so my concerns for the HD settings

Offline Rockout Rocker Products

• Premium Vendor
  • www.rockout.biz
    • www.rockout.biz
Re: Boom stage 1 flash configuration
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2018, 08:54:01 PM »
If I'm not mistaken the setting JM, Biketronics, and others recommend are for aftermarket amps. I think on the Boom setup the amps actually control the volume, not the head unit.

Or something like that  :hyst:
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Offline fatrova

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2018, 12:39:57 PM »
The old rule still apply: if it works don’t mess with it.....
Went on a ride yesterday with the new configuration, everything sounded great up to the last mile and then I Lost the rear intercom completely and I only have crackling sound in the front one. The bike speakers instead work really great.
Checked the system, no codes. I then reflash into the initial configuration and then I got two codes no listed on the electrical manual: C186 and C187.
Any idea on their meaning? As said the manual does not list them

Offline Rockout Rocker Products

• Premium Vendor
  • www.rockout.biz
    • www.rockout.biz
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2018, 08:31:09 PM »
There is a U0186 code, refers to AMP2 errors... power & ground, etc. Step 1... check AMP2 fuse.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Offline fatrova

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2018, 01:28:59 PM »
Run the radio diagnostic, got the codes
U0186 amp 2 “active”
U0187 amp 3 “active” ...... amp 3??????
B1360 front headset “historic”
B1364 rear headset “historic”

Did the reset and “B” codes went away, start thinking the radio is gone.... next Friday at dealer probably with a wide open wallet  :doh:

Offline fatrova

« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2018, 07:16:02 AM »
Went to the dealer.
I’ve been told they found 2 inverted wires in the headset line, they corrected the position and everything went fine. Compared to the past it seems headset volume and quality are now increased in performance.
I think they mismatched the connection when I had the boombox amplifier installed and they managed to have it working by the digital technician. When I applied the Diag4bike tool probably the coverage came exposed.
Anyhow, now everything works fine and better than before and no money was spent because they were the only one to touch the hardware in the past.
Case closed  :bike:

Offline Hossamania

• K1600 Owner in Training
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 11:18:03 AM »
We love cheap, happy endings!
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.