Author Topic: Twin Cam Ultra Radio Question  (Read 221 times)

Offline wayzalot

• Site Supporter
Twin Cam Ultra Radio Question
« on: February 03, 2018, 02:00:02 PM »
My 1999 Ultra radio has been cutting out on one side when I hit a bump.  If I turn it way up it will start working and then I can turn in down and it is good until the next big bump.  I bought a take off radio from a fellow HTT member but when I opened up the fairing today I see mine has two more large electrical plugs than the one I bought.  I imagine it is not from an Ultra so the intercom and CB radio is the extra plugs?  I do not use the CB or the intercom so would the radio work?  I do plug in my Sena headset to the jack on the tank.  Never use the speakers, always the Sena headset on my helmet.
"My life is based on a true story"

Offline Coyote

• HTT Janitor
  • Administrator
  • The foothills of northern CA
Re: Twin Cam Ultra Radio Question
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2018, 08:28:18 AM »
I think the radio will work but you will not have the headset feature with it.
I feel the need... for twisties with speed.

Offline wayzalot

• Site Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2018, 06:20:41 PM »
I just thought of an idea. :idea:  Is there a way to tap a plug into the (non-Ultra) radio that I can find a cord to plug my Sena headset into? That is the only problem I have with the radio I purchased. Or is there any thing that I can hook up to the radio that would bluetooth to my Sena headset?
"My life is based on a true story"

Offline PoorUB

• Site Supporter
  • Tropical Fargo, ND
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2018, 06:30:01 PM »
Cut this into you speakers on your bike, then the output into the Sena.

https://www.amazon.com/PAC-SNI15-Output-Converter-Amplifier/dp/B000K50HJY/ref=pd_sbs_23_11?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000K50HJY&pd_rd_r=NWK4XWQY90KPG0G8HT4R&pd_rd_w=C86mW&pd_rd_wg=vmu8g&psc=1&refRID=NWK4XWQY90KPG0G8HT4R

You should be able to find a cable to go from the RCA outputs on this to 3 MM, (1/8") mini jack.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!