Author Topic: DynoJet: PV Question on Sensor Voltage  (Read 194 times)

Offline dwjohnson

• Site Supporter
PV Question on Sensor Voltage
« on: February 23, 2018, 12:14:59 PM »
 Hey Guys, I like to monitor the 02 sensor voltages and I have noticed at idle the values are widely different from frt to rear, with the frt being very unstable but rear quite stable. Example is with closed loop turned off.... hot idle, frt will vary from 1.50-1.60 but rear will hold at 1.70. Any ideas?
 The VE's are close together but with the rear slighty higher. I wondered about a frt only intake leak but don't think that is feesible??? Have not checked for leaks with ether but no air leak symtoms to me.

Offline Coyote

• HTT Janitor
  • Administrator
  • The foothills of northern CA
Re: PV Question on Sensor Voltage
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2018, 12:25:53 PM »
The voltage will move about. Your rear isn't because it's rich enough it's outside the sensor range.
I feel the need... for twisties with speed.

Offline dwjohnson

• Site Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 12:07:19 PM »
 Thank You sir, I follow that.
 Could I ask you another one. Looking at using a RB Racing Air/Fuel gauge on my bike but they are telling me the one I have won't work on 2010 and up touring models with the small 12mm sensors. They say Harley is now using a "floating ground" system with some sort of voltage offset and that will mix up the signal either to the sensor or from it?? Anyone heard of this before?? 

Offline Coyote

• HTT Janitor
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 12:35:42 PM »
That's true. Would guess you could use their AFR gauge with a separate sensor though.  (ie a stand alone one)

Offline dwjohnson

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 04:02:57 PM »
 Sorry, I may not have been clear. The a/f gauge I have, from RB Racing, does have it's own stand alone 18mm single wire sensor. So the gauge itself must be affected by means of power supply or negative side from bike's electrical circuit?? or else the sensor because it's grounded to the bike from mounting??
 I tried it anyway, but can't tell if it reads correct or not. it seems to work though.
 How does a dyno operator read A/F on these newer bikes with this new circuitry, with no problems?

Offline Coyote

• HTT Janitor
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 04:59:33 PM »
I understood what you have. Just saying what you might need to get. Personally, I would not connect any external device to the bike's stock sensors.

Dyno operators will either use a sniffer tube up the tail pipe or use rivnuts and sampling blocks, both to external wideband sensors.