Author Topic: radio off/gps on  (Read 298 times)

Offline billbeemer

• Site Supporter
radio off/gps on
« on: March 02, 2018, 03:16:35 AM »
on my '17 RGU, any way to turn radio off, leave GPS on?  I hate listening when riding and if I mute radio, GPS directions are muted also.

Offline Rockout Rocker Products

• Premium Vendor
  • www.rockout.biz
    • www.rockout.biz
Re: radio off/gps on
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2018, 04:11:36 AM »
On my '15 Limited, the sound for the GPS is adjusted independently. You have to adjust it WHILE THE GPS INSTRUCTIONS ARE BEING GIVEN.

Thinking more about this...

I'm guessing that if you turn the radio down to just 1 notch you can still hear it?

How 'bout this... have your radio flashed (if it isn't already) to include the WHIM module. Set the radio to have music played through the headset (which doesn't exist) and the GPS played through the bike speakers?

« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 04:40:19 AM by Rockout Rocker Products »
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

Offline harley_cruiser

• Site Supporter
    • Rocker Lockers
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2018, 08:48:28 AM »
on my '17 RGU, any way to turn radio off, leave GPS on?  I hate listening when riding and if I mute radio, GPS directions are muted also.
GPS and radio are App's on your info system, you adjust the volume when that app is activated.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 08:54:27 AM by Harley_Cruiser Rocker Lockers »

Offline biglew55

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2018, 09:16:50 AM »
Maybe you missed all the posts on the other forum explaining some of the ways you can accomplish this easily.

I don't know when they added it, but there is now a "Volume" page in the Settings menu. You can control the volume for different functions independently there.

In your case, you would want to adjust the volume setting for "Tuner/Media" all the way down, and adjust the setting for "Prompts" to a comfortable level.

This will allow you to enjoy a quiet ride while still allowing voice prompts from the navigation to come through the speaker (or headset, depending on your particular setup).

This is applicable in software version 1.22.0.1. I don't know about previous versions.
2018 FLHTK
1965 FLHFB

Offline billbeemer

• Site Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2018, 12:56:21 PM »
I just did what you said.  will ride next week and let u know how it works.