Author Topic: Easy Boy  (Read 334 times)

Offline Will-Run

• Site Supporter
Easy Boy
« on: April 15, 2018, 02:40:13 PM »
Are any of you, that are using the "Easy Boy" clutch ramp, experiencing problems. Such as, inability to get into neutral while
 stopped or clutch drag?. My Indy says these are some of the things I may experience.  Thanks.
Lean Angle, " Is Life."

Offline Harley_Cruiser Rocker Lockers

• Premium Vendor
  • www.RockerLockers.com
    • Rocker Lockers
Re: Easy Boy
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 02:45:40 PM »
Are any of you, that are using the "Easy Boy" clutch ramp, experiencing problems. Such as, inability to get into neutral while
 stopped or clutch drag?. My Indy says these are some of the things I may experience.  Thanks.
Yep you get used to it. Mine drags a little, hold the brake, rev it a little and pull up, always goes in. Had mine in forever, have 195 k on the clutch.
Steve
www.Rockerlockers.com  Call for dealer discount

Offline kd

• Site Supporter
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 03:06:52 PM »

He's right.

Some of us are using the Muller arm. It is more pricey and touchy to adjust but it works well when you find the sweet spot of the adjustment.

I have no experience with the add on lever devices like you describe but others on this site say the Muller works better.

The add on lever moves the hook-up point of the cable forward and causes the inner cable to bend where the inner leaves the outer sheath.  The Muller is a one piece extended lever with a smaller ramp circle that does not cause that issue.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:15:43 PM by kd »
KD

Offline Hossamania

• Road Glide Lover
  • Site Supporter
  • 'Cuz ugly bikes need love too.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 04:21:21 PM »
I had one on for a week and took it off. I had the same problems as you, tough to get adjusted right, and didn't like the long travel for engagement. I like it to be more of an "on-off" switch style of engagement.
No shirt, no shoes, but I still get service.
Why? Girl, look at this body!

Offline Burnout

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 06:34:14 AM »
ANy mods to make the clutch pull easier usually result in less travel, get rid of any stupid heavy springs and install a well lubed new clutch cable.

A clutch that is marginally warped or dragging for any reason will be worse when a "easy pull" kit is used.

If you MUST use an easy pull kit I would advise to remove the springy disc from the clutch pack and install an extra disc to make up the stack difference.
This will reduce the amount of travel needed to get a full release.

Also do not use heavy oil in the primary, the heaviest oil I would use is Formula +, I prefer ATF.
This will improve low temp operation and give a better release.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

Offline Will-Run

• Site Supporter
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2018, 07:04:53 AM »
 Thanks Guys. Based on responses, I've decided, no Bandaids. I lubed the :turd: out of my cable and replaced a very worn Clutch Perch. I run
 an Energy One clutch, with extra plate and ATF.  Just doing this, made a difference I can live with. Thanks again.
Lean Angle, " Is Life."

Online david lee

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2018, 10:07:56 PM »
did you think about fitting a hydraulic clutch. i changed to hydro with a barnett clutch works good

Offline Harley_Cruiser Rocker Lockers

• Premium Vendor
  • www.RockerLockers.com
    • Rocker Lockers
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2018, 03:12:52 AM »
Thanks Guys. Based on responses, I've decided, no Bandaids. I lubed the :turd: out of my cable and replaced a very worn Clutch Perch. I run
 an Energy One clutch, with extra plate and ATF.  Just doing this, made a difference I can live with. Thanks again.
The easy pull is not a band-aid, it is an effective way to reduce the pull in effort and hold in effort, of a clutch, yea you should do the other things to help but these do work. They also help spread out when the clutch starts to grip the so that you get a better feel when your take off.
You ask if they are a pain to adjust, yea, that is why the dealers do not recommend them, but my bike is am daily transportation and I would never do without my easy pull or a Muller to take its place.
Steve
www.Rockerlockers.com  Call for dealer discount

Offline nibroc

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2018, 06:53:53 AM »
"don't use heavy oil in the primary"----works for me.... :scoot:

Offline Will-Run

• Site Supporter
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2018, 06:57:24 AM »
What are the views and experiences with lockup ' Hats' ? . This is a light Bike , FXR.
Lean Angle, " Is Life."

Offline Deye76

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2018, 04:40:53 PM »
I have a FXR with a Energy One extra plate clutch and the heavier spring. Installed a '06-later ball/ramp, 21 IIRC, cable lubed well, very easy pull IMO. No problem finding neutral. 
East Tenn.
2014 CVO RK, 2015 RGS, 1992 FXRP