Author Topic: Looking for a Voltage Regulator  (Read 703 times)

Offline onehawghead

Re: Looking for a Voltage Regulator
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 11:05:37 AM »
Check out Cycle Electric Inc. web page to see if there is any useful information concerning your situation.

Offline kd

• Site Supporter
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2018, 06:17:31 PM »
It looks like Antigravity has the below 10 volt problem figured out. My experience with their stuff is it's top quality and they stand behind everything they sell. Great customer service.

https://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/productline/starter-batteries/restart-oem/
KD

Offline yarddogg77

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 11:51:29 PM »
That jump start function may get you home once if you leave your lights on, as long as your charging system is working, but the primary cell in the battery would still be destroyed. I want device that cuts off all power to the battery in case the battery drops below 11 volts, better yet 12, only for the purpose of protecting the battery so it doesn't have to be replaced. This way, whether you leave your lights on, or have a charging system failure, you won't have to replace the battery every time it get's drained too much, that could get expensive. If the charging system goes down, the battery will drain until your coils can't fire, and you will be stranded anyway, so why destroy a battery in the process, broke is broke.

I didn't see anything in their description about a cut off point to the battery f it is drained too far, but it might be worth writing to them and asking, because that would be an awesome battery.
My shop has a grass floor and really high ceiling... Yard - Dogg

Offline kd

• Site Supporter
« Reply #28 on: July 05, 2018, 06:44:56 AM »
That jump start function may get you home once if you leave your lights on, as long as your charging system is working, but the primary cell in the battery would still be destroyed. I want device that cuts off all power to the battery in case the battery drops below 11 volts, better yet 12, only for the purpose of protecting the battery so it doesn't have to be replaced. This way, whether you leave your lights on, or have a charging system failure, you won't have to replace the battery every time it get's drained too much, that could get expensive. If the charging system goes down, the battery will drain until your coils can't fire, and you will be stranded anyway, so why destroy a battery in the process, broke is broke.

I didn't see anything in their description about a cut off point to the battery f it is drained too far, but it might be worth writing to them and asking, because that would be an awesome battery.

Call and speak with Scott Schafer (President). He is well informed and if he can't answer any questions he'll get you to someone that can.
KD

Offline Burnout

« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2018, 01:29:11 PM »
Do yourself a favor and don't buy a lithium battery for your scooter, they are not ready for prime time.

A Deka AGM battery will last you 4+ years if you take care of it and won't puke acid all over your machine like a cheap a$$ wet battery.
They don't call me Ironhead Rick just because I'm "hard headed"

Offline billbuilds

« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2018, 02:19:09 PM »

Offline yarddogg77

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2018, 09:14:38 PM »
I gave myself a scare the other day. I came home in the daylight and used the kill switch which I rarely do. Forgot to turn off the key so the headlight drained the battery. I cursed thinking I'd just destroyed my new AGM that I replaced my ruined Lithium with. Surprisingly I hooked it to a charger and it recharged. I was told when I bought the battery that they will also be ruined if they drop below 10 volts. I hope I didn't damage it too bad. I should just unhook that danged kill switch.
My shop has a grass floor and really high ceiling... Yard - Dogg

Offline Hossamania

• Road Glide Lover
  • Site Supporter
  • 'Cuz ugly bikes need love too.
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2018, 09:59:39 PM »
I gave myself a scare the other day. I came home in the daylight and used the kill switch which I rarely do. Forgot to turn off the key so the headlight drained the battery. I cursed thinking I'd just destroyed my new AGM that I replaced my ruined Lithium with. Surprisingly I hooked it to a charger and it recharged. I was told when I bought the battery that they will also be ruined if they drop below 10 volts. I hope I didn't damage it too bad. I should just unhook that danged kill switch.

I hate to say it, but I have found that once they are run down, especially to damn near zero, they do not work nearly as well, and usually don't last long. I have found that they dont have the same cranking amps, and run down much sooner when trying start. Sorry to give you that opinion.
Stop wrecking your batteries!
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline Hogman

• First Grandson!
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2018, 03:43:02 AM »

I hate to say it, but I have found that once they are run down, especially to damn near zero, they do not work nearly as well, and usually don't last long. I have found that they dont have the same cranking amps, and run down much sooner when trying start. Sorry to give you that opinion.
Stop wrecking your batteries!

Absolutely NO Argument from me about Hoss's Post. Seen it Many, MANY Times. Have Had People TRY & Get a Refund/Replacement AFTER They Stood in front of me, and Admitted to Just What 77 Posted. The Lower end Scooter Battery, (as In a LESS $$$$ Battery) is MUCH Worse for That though. (Being RUINED Too Soon!)
It Does the Same to Automotive Style Batteries as Well, They Just SEEM to Stand up Better, BUTT, In Reality, They're NOT. Remember, They Start Out with a Huge Dog Pile of Amps, UN-Like a Scooter......

ME
Hogman