Author Topic: Sunpie LED lights  (Read 984 times)

Offline plumberglen

Sunpie LED lights
« on: July 02, 2018, 01:39:33 PM »
Has anyone ordered Sunpie Led replacement lights off of Amazon ? Thinking about getting a replacement set for a 99 Heritage softail, They show a adapter ring for some  models, is this required on a 99 FLSTC ?  :scratch:
hey

Offline koko3052

• Site Supporter
Re: Sunpie LED lights
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2018, 05:46:55 PM »
I wouldn’t spend a dime on that stuff. Get the real deal & use JW Speaker & be “be in the light” forever. You get what you pay for! :smileo:

Offline Tarkus60

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2018, 05:56:55 PM »
I have not tried these lights.....but from what I read and that is a lot....the light seems to be good, but hit or miss on the adapter ring. Some have cut out the back of the headlight bucket to make fit.
They are so cheap I don't see how you could go wrong.....amazon usually has a great return policy......my 2 cents.....

Offline gdishman

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 08:18:56 AM »
I have a set and they are well worth the money. For an Heritage the adapter ring is not necessary. The adapter ring is only for factory faring.

Offline feelthaflo

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2018, 09:56:43 PM »
Got my Sunpie a few months ago and it was well worth the price.  Tried some replacement bulbs first and they barely made a difference.  Did a ton of research because I have a hard time trusting knock-off stuff like this, but all reviews said it works great and I was not disappointed.

The Daymaker has a glass lens, the Sunpie is polycarbonate.  The Daymaker may have a slightly better projection pattern, but for 1/10 of the price I'm very happy with the Sunpie.  And if it burns out or gets cracked, 40 bucks is a drop in the bucket compared to 400.  The Sunpie also looks almost exactly like the Daymaker, so you can put it on and there's practically 100% nobody will ever know the difference unless you tell them.

No idea on the fitment for a Heritage but it was a bit of a pain to get the wire harness and trim ring wrestled on my Street Bob.

Offline plumberglen

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 06:26:38 AM »
I went a head and ordered them, Installed them the other day, I have no complaints ,easy install and a nice white light,
Im definitly way more visible to oncoming traffic
So far I'd recommend them  :up:
hey

Offline boooby1744

• Site Supporter
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2018, 02:44:23 PM »
I wouldn’t spend a dime on that stuff. Get the real deal & use JW Speaker & be “be in the light” forever. You get what you pay for! :smileo:
The Chinese rip-off our technology and profit from it. I won’t buy any of that 💩 either.

Offline Teardrop

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2018, 07:51:24 PM »
The Chinese rip-off our technology and profit from it. I won’t buy any of that 💩 either.

Yep I agree
Mesa Arizona

Offline 04 SE DEUCE

• Site Supporter
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2018, 10:33:59 PM »
I'm with Donald,  don't need a piece of Sunpie from Gyhina.

Offline feelthaflo

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2018, 11:15:48 PM »
Just to be clear, we're going with the assumption that the wildly overpriced Daymaker headlamps are actually manufactured by Harley Davidson in the US?  Seems like a bit of a leap to me...

Online PoorUB

• Site Supporter
  • Tropical Fargo, ND
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2018, 05:33:31 AM »
Yep, if you don't want to buy Chinese manufactured accessories don't buy from HD! Tough to find something with a HD logo not made in China
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Online Pete_Vit

• Site Supporter
  • "No good deed goes unpunished"
    • Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2018, 05:50:00 AM »
looks like I'm done with any more purchases from Eagle Lights   :banghead:
https://www.eaglelites.com/pages/eagle-lights-faq 

I'll need an entire new headlight bucket for the OL's Sporty if she want any new fancy lights

Offline boooby1744

• Site Supporter
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2018, 11:31:54 PM »
Just to be clear, we're going with the assumption that the wildly overpriced Daymaker headlamps are actually manufactured by Harley Davidson in the US?  Seems like a bit of a leap to me...

I think they’re made here.

www.jwspeaker.com

Online Hossamania

• Road Glide Lover
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2018, 04:56:36 AM »

I think they’re made here.

www.jwspeaker.com

Made in Germantown, Wisconsin.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline feelthaflo

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2018, 08:39:30 AM »
Very cool!  I had a feeling that all of these electronics were made overseas and I appreciate the info!

FWIW, the Sunpie made a huge difference in my night riding safety, for just a little more than the price of some replacement halogen bulbs (which, trust me, make little to no difference at all).  If/when it burns out, I'm hoping I'll have the extra coin to get one of the "real" models from JW Speaker.

Offline hogpipes1

• 49 FL Pan My 1st Bike in 1963
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2018, 04:29:17 PM »
Thinking about just tring the LED H-4  bulb. Simple try out . Anyone try one and see a great difference at night over the  yellow stock light. (03flhtc)? If not i 'll  just go with the night into day maker.

Offline 92flhtcu

« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2018, 05:43:22 PM »
I'm running a set of The Cyron Led H4 and LED 881 Pass lamp bulbs in one of my rigs, its way better than halogen. Pattern will be different, so a re-aiming will be in order
Need a bigger garage

Online Pete_Vit

• Site Supporter
  • "No good deed goes unpunished"
    • Arkansas Blue Cross and Blue Shield
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2018, 05:50:31 AM »
Thinking about just tring the LED H-4  bulb. Simple try out . Anyone try one and see a great difference at night over the  yellow stock light. (03flhtc)? If not i 'll  just go with the night into day maker.
California Phil has some nice Pathfinder LED replacements for the H4 and H5's   not so pricey either   :up:

Offline MichaelDee

« Reply #18 on: July 28, 2018, 09:30:06 AM »
tried using LED replacement bulbs and was originally satisfied with overall brightness. unfortunately without proper reflector, light was not focused to where it needed to be. ended up going with chinese knock-off of projector style headlight assembly at very reasonable cost (ebay) and have been very satisfied with results. as funds become available, I may hunt down comparable headlight assembly made in America. until then, the one I have does just fine
"When you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there."  GH

Offline plumberglen

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2018, 08:09:17 AM »
Gotta say these lights turned out excellent ,great improvement over the old stock lights :SM: :up:
hey

Offline Bladesmith

« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2018, 04:05:58 PM »

Have you had personal experience with Sunpie ?
" Don't follow leaders, and watch your parking meters" Dylan