Author Topic: 2002, 124", FLHRCI, JW Performance 110 heads, S&S 675GE cams, HPI 62 T/B, 2-1  (Read 1310 times)

Offline nastyn8g

2002 FLHRCI
4.125” bore X 4.625” stroke short rod 7.575”
JW Performance ported 110 heads
HPI Max Flow II 62mm throttle body 1.850” port opening and 6.7 injectors
home built air cleaner
S&S 675GE Camshafts
R&R 1.725 ratio roller rockers
12.50:1 static compression
3.475 gearing
Bandit clutch
Tuned by Seth Hoover at Canton Cycle using a Maximus
CCP is unknown because of the ez starts.

Thanks again to John, and Seth for all of their help!  It’s been a long winter/spring to get to this point. I am pleased with the outcome for this year.
The link below is the same build from last year with more specifics. The only changes for this year were slightly more compression (milled the heads a little more), switch to the 675 cams, Wood’s lifters and I shortened the collector 3 inches and made it 2.750” all the way to the baffle and not swedged up to 3inch at the end of the collector. Also switched to the Maximus tuning device from the Power Vision.
http://harleytechtalk.com/index.php?topic=99900.0

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
« Last Edit: July 03, 2018, 02:55:53 AM by Ohio HD »

Offline Ohio HD

• Professional Cat Herder
  • Administrator
  • OH CRAP!
Wow, that's a powerhouse. Very nice. 
For the best deal on bike parts, call Calif Phil
     www.harleypartscheap.com

Offline No Cents

• there is no cure for what I got !
   very nice job!   :up:
08 FLHX my grocery getter, 124ci, wfolarry 110" heads, Burns pipe, 158/152 sae

Offline Ohio HD

• Administrator
  • OH CRAP!
Can I ask why the switch from PV to the TR tuner? Just a curiosity question, I only know of the TR, but have never used one.

www.harleypartscheap.com

Online Hilly13

Crikey!  :up:
Just because its said don't make it so

Offline Raleigh111

• Site Supporter
  • live today! you could be gone tomorrow.
wow  :up:
Harleys are addicting and im out of money. Accepting donations! 120 132hp 146tq

Offline nastyn8g

Brian,
the switch to the TR device was only because Seth is more proficient with it.  I still have the Vision and use it for my gauges, and minor tuning changes I make on my own.  I also have a PC-V that I use to control the 2-step and quick shifter. I personally have nothing against the power vision, but some tuners just don't care for them. I have faith in Seth and he asked me to try a Maximus, so I did. The attached image shows run 12 with my vision tune from last year (with this years changes), and then 13 and 14 are the first few pulls after starting tuning with the Maximus. Not that I don't think the vision could have done the job (and got the same results).......just not in this tuners hands. Nothing against Seth, he just doesn't like certain tuning devices. I like the idea of the TR stuff being user friendly and most dealers using the stuff. With the vision I felt I painted myself in a corner and only a handful of competent tuners could use it. I have a decent tuner 15 minutes from the house, it makes sense to use what he likes, and let him do his job. Seth has made me a believer in his tuning ability and the TR devices (Maximus and key both). I have had him tune quite a few bikes I have assembled this year that way, and none have disappointed so far.
This is in no way a sales pitch, just my reasons for changing.

Offline Ohio HD

• Administrator
  • OH CRAP!
I think that reasoning very sound, and is fine. I would agree that which ever devise the guy tuning likes, should be considered to be used. Since he's in my realm of very easy travel, I may very well give him a try on one of my up coming motor tunes this fall / winter. He obviously can handle a large motor with do doubt more complicated tuning requirements.
     www.harleypartscheap.com

Online 1FSTRK

:up: :up:
Very nice j :up:ob by all.
What is a TR device?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Offline rigidthumper

• Administrator
  • Buying a scalpel, don't make you a surgeon.
Techno Research

Offline Jonny Cash

Badass!!
Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

Offline 1workinman

• Site Supporter

Offline Raleigh111

• Site Supporter
  • live today! you could be gone tomorrow.
Brian,
the switch to the TR device was only because Seth is more proficient with it.  I still have the Vision and use it for my gauges, and minor tuning changes I make on my own.  I also have a PC-V that I use to control the 2-step and quick shifter. I personally have nothing against the power vision, but some tuners just don't care for them. I have faith in Seth and he asked me to try a Maximus, so I did. The attached image shows run 12 with my vision tune from last year (with this years changes), and then 13 and 14 are the first few pulls after starting tuning with the Maximus. Not that I don't think the vision could have done the job (and got the same results).......just not in this tuners hands. Nothing against Seth, he just doesn't like certain tuning devices. I like the idea of the TR stuff being user friendly and most dealers using the stuff. With the vision I felt I painted myself in a corner and only a handful of competent tuners could use it. I have a decent tuner 15 minutes from the house, it makes sense to use what he likes, and let him do his job. Seth has made me a believer in his tuning ability and the TR devices (Maximus and key both). I have had him tune quite a few bikes I have assembled this year that way, and none have disappointed so far.
This is in no way a sales pitch, just my reasons for changing.
I have spoke to several reputable guys that use TR and they really like it. I think it gets over looked a lot. User friendly, good product.
Harleys are addicting and im out of money. Accepting donations! 120 132hp 146tq

Offline Rusty Steel

Wow, that is an incredible run, fantastic!  :up:
If it ain't broke... Fix it until it is.

Offline HD Street Performance

• Premium Vendor
    • HD Street Performance
What pipe does this build have before it was changed? THX

Offline nastyn8g

Same pipe as last year. This is from the post I made last year about the build (link is in the first post of this thread also).

-Homemade headpipe (even uglier…..somewhat works) Hacked up my zilla and worked from there.  13 inches of 1.875”, 10 inches of 2”, 10 inches of 2.125”, 2.750” collector 8 inches long swedged to 3” for the slip fit to the muffler.
-Supertrapp muffler part number 543-3019 with Rush Wrath 3 inch louvered baffle installed, 24 discs and 1 inch hole in end cap.

All I did was cut the end off of the collector where it was swedged up to 3 inch, and then welded a piece of 3 inch (over the 2.750" collector) all the way at the back where the heat shields ended so the muffler still had a slip fit and could be clamped.
I reduced the overall length of the collector 3 inches, and made it 2.750" all the way to the 3 inch baffle in the muffler.

Not a big change, but I was hoping to get the sag out of the curves.  Didn't do what I wanted, but the bike feels good to ride.  Maybe next year I will break down and have a pipe made that wont look so bad.

Hopefully the image below makes sense. this is what the collector used to look like, and I just cut the end off, and slid the rest forward.

Offline sfmichael

• Site Supporter
  • Hoping to build the next mighty 'mouse'
giddyup  :chop: :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Offline nosjunkie

• Site Supporter
Was the dyno chart done on Pump gas?
LIVE FREE OR DIE..

Offline TorQuePimp

• Site Supporter
Yes BP 93

Offline John/1

Really good power on pump fuel impressive!!

Offline John/1

Really good power on pump fuel impressive!!

As good as any B2 heads I've seen here