Author Topic: Fresh off the CNC!  (Read 1981 times)

Offline ZippersPerformance.com

• Premium Vendor
  • www.ZippersPerformance.com
Fresh off the CNC!
« on: March 04, 2015, 01:06:55 PM »
New Zipper's Stage II CVO 110" heads for Twin Cooled engines.  This is the same High-Torque head used on Zipper's popular Muscle 110 kit, now ready for 2014 CVO Twin Cooled engine builds. Note the "bump" in the intake port - this is where the water passage is that cools the exhaust seat area and would cut through with the same porting used on an air-cooled head.

http://www.zippersperformance.com/products/performance-kits/muscle-kits-efi-tc/zippers-muscle-110-kit.html
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline joe_lyons

• Administrator
  • Just another squirrel trying to get a nut.
    • Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno
Re: Fresh off the CNC!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2015, 01:29:27 PM »
Is the pricing the same for the Twin cooled heads as the others?  Is there still the 2.00" option for the 103 twin cooled head?
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion
816-425-4901

Offline ZippersPerformance.com

• Premium Vendor
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2015, 04:19:56 PM »
Good questions Joe.  I'll look into it shortly and let you know.  I believe both the valves and springs are slightly more coin than what we use on the standard TC heads, so that will affect the price a little.  The labor portion I don't think will change any, it's pretty much the same work.  i will post here as soon as I get it figured out.

Regarding the 2" valve in the standard water head, we talked briefly about that the other day as a possibility to raise the intake flow some at the seat.  We can not go as large on the port as we can on our Stage III air heads as it will cut through (notice I didn't say we think it will cut through....lol).  We just need to do one and see how it works out.  We have had good results with our Stage II port in that head (1.900/1.630).  I'll post some results of that testing as soon as I have time to re-size graphs and get my ducks in a row on the data.  Lots of testing going on within the weather windows we are getting.

Thanks for asking, JK.

Offline turboprop

• Site Supporter
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2015, 07:18:29 PM »
Almost makes me want to buy a new liquid cooled bike. I am really impressed with the stuff Zippers is doing these days.
'Never try to teach a pig to sing, it only wastes your time and annoys the pig'.

Offline sfmichael

• Site Supporter
  • Hoping to build the next mighty 'mouse'
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2015, 11:29:51 PM »
looks nice  :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Offline TorQuePimp

• Site Supporter
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2015, 11:29:19 AM »
Looks good John