Author Topic: The silence of S&S  (Read 3241 times)

Offline Ohio HD

• Professional Cat Herder
  • Administrator
  • OH CRAP!
Re: The silence of S&S
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2018, 07:52:27 PM »
Why would you bring something up, and then say I don't want to talk about it.....      :missed:

For the best deal on bike parts, call Calif Phil
     www.harleypartscheap.com

Offline FLDavetrain

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2018, 08:46:34 PM »
Keeping my issues w SnS behind me. As for the OP, maybe the firing of half their engineering team in recent past has slowed the M8 options from them.
currently 482ci in the garage

Offline cheech

« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2018, 01:15:53 PM »
Why would you bring something up, and then say I don't want to talk about it.....      :missed:
   :agree: Yeah classic! Forum to discuss and alert others onto issues and such.

Offline KTA600

« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2018, 04:37:29 AM »
 Nothing but good stuff out of S&S since 1970 on pans  sports shovels Evos twinks and now M8 something I canít say with others. So reliability? Iíll just toss that one in the troll pile .

Offline FLDavetrain

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2018, 09:36:03 PM »
Nothing but good stuff out of S&S since 1970 on pans  sports shovels Evos twinks and now M8 something I canít say with others. So reliability? Iíll just toss that one in the troll pile .

Well, ok so my experience makes me a troll...wow sure. Too bad for these  internet types of call outs. Itíd be much better in a perfect world face to face, then you would know that unlike a troll I am 6í1Ē 215lbs 19Ē biceps and a 6 pack, so show a little respect.
currently 482ci in the garage

Offline 98fxstc

• Site Supporter
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2018, 01:04:34 AM »
nasty taste in my mouth from an S&S experience
Most of their stuff is pretty good but comes time to stand up they didn't
maybe a bit more arm's length in Australia
know another here with similar experience

Offline Nastytls

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2018, 04:42:41 AM »

Well, ok so my experience makes me a troll...wow sure. Too bad for these  internet types of call outs. Itíd be much better in a perfect world face to face, then you would know that unlike a troll I am 6í1Ē 215lbs 19Ē biceps and a 6 pack, so show a little respect.

Honestly, what did you think was going to happen when you post something intentionaly negative and vague then refuse to offer any information about it. Maybe you donít have lots of on-line forum experience? I donít know. By definition that is ďtrollingĒ. No reason to be a hardo.

P.S. That is one of the funniest replies Iíve seen in a very long time. Iím 6í7Ē, 265ish have a small beer belly and have 24Ē pythons brother! Hahaha   :hyst:

Online hattitude

« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2018, 05:30:12 PM »

Honestly, what did you think was going to happen when you post something intentionaly negative and vague then refuse to offer any information about it. Maybe you donít have lots of on-line forum experience? I donít know. By definition that is ďtrollingĒ. No reason to be a hardo.

P.S. That is one of the funniest replies Iíve seen in a very long time. Iím 6í7Ē, 265ish have a small beer belly and have 24Ē pythons brother! Hahaha   :hyst:

As mentioned.... you bring up a negative experience and then refuse to share info... that's trolling..

You probably won't get it, but I'll say it anyways..... size doesn't command respect.... character does....

Offline Baja555

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 03:11:57 PM »
 :up:

Offline HD Street Performance

• Premium Vendor
    • HD Street Performance
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2018, 03:28:18 PM »
I was told at sturgis the silence is about to be broken

Online yobtaf103

• Site Supporter
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2018, 02:12:45 AM »
 :pop:

Offline hd06myway

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2018, 01:18:34 PM »
Also my bet is they want to make sure the M8 is going to be around for a while. As an aftermarket supplier you sure don't want to dump a bunch of money in engineering for an engine that is around for 3-4 years.

Could you imagine the first year out S&S building 114" big bore cylinders for the 107" M8?

and that's the thing UB..these aftermarket mfgers will have to make 124" or 130" big bore kits to generate any interest... like Baker's 7 speed when 6 is one more than most need... and then you guys can buy them and complain about how unreliable the M8's are..  :wink: the days of Harley holding back so the aftermarket can make "performance" kits is over when your selling 107", 114" 117" and 120" engines in factory bikes.

Offline Ohio HD

• Administrator
  • OH CRAP!
« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2018, 01:35:58 PM »
Also my bet is they want to make sure the M8 is going to be around for a while. As an aftermarket supplier you sure don't want to dump a bunch of money in engineering for an engine that is around for 3-4 years.

Could you imagine the first year out S&S building 114" big bore cylinders for the 107" M8?

and that's the thing UB..these aftermarket mfgers will have to make 124" or 130" big bore kits to generate any interest... like Baker's 7 speed when 6 is one more than most need... and then you guys can buy them and complain about how unreliable the M8's are..  :wink: the days of Harley holding back so the aftermarket can make "performance" kits is over when your selling 107", 114" 117" and 120" engines in factory bikes.

Except you have one company that makes 143" motors, they now have a test bed and platform to build on. Another company has a 151" motor in the works and in R&D on the streets for the new platform. 

Aftermarket will always have the better options. 

And don't forget better oil pumps that will control sumping........         

www.harleypartscheap.com

Offline hd06myway

« Reply #38 on: August 12, 2018, 08:29:35 AM »

Except you have one company that makes 143" motors, they now have a test bed and platform to build on. Another company has a 151" motor in the works and in R&D on the streets for the new platform. 

your talking a whole new motor and reliability and street performance? I don't think you'll very many of these sold... most people could care less...

Offline Ohio HD

• Administrator
  • OH CRAP!
« Reply #39 on: August 12, 2018, 08:35:23 AM »

your talking a whole new motor and reliability and street performance? I don't think you'll very many of these sold... most people could care less...

Well, this is a tech site, so many do care. And from performance proven motors, comes reliable aftermarket parts.

As well this post is about aftermarket parts.
     www.harleypartscheap.com

Offline hd06myway

« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2018, 01:37:30 PM »
Well I hope they have other products to sell because 143" and 151" motors aren't going to feed the family...

Offline Reddog74usa

• Site Supporter
  • "BE YOUR OWN DAWG"
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2018, 02:37:32 PM »
If I were S&S I'd think long and hard before I offered up options on such a proven unreliable platform like the M-8 as it would only make S&S look bad and incline folks to blame their parts instead of H-D. As far as putting food on the table the moco better get this crap squared away and super fast or the'll be eyein up Alpo like it was a delicacy.  :smiled:
RIDE IT LIKE YA STOLE IT

Online Hossamania

• Road Glide Lover
  • Site Supporter
  • No. No RoadGlides
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2018, 03:00:49 PM »
S&S has always made products to improve the unreliable platforms that HD has put forth. Damn good products, too.
Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.

Offline Ohio HD

• Administrator
  • OH CRAP!
« Reply #43 on: August 15, 2018, 03:16:39 PM »
Guys there's just no way I'd buy a new HD, knowing I won't be happy with how it runs. Even if there were no issues, they are ok for some, but not me. To much money to spend knowing I'll put another $5k to $8k in it to make it run decent, and have a drivetrain to handle the power. Companies like S&S, Zippers, Hyperformance, etc. is who keeps people like me on an HD.
     www.harleypartscheap.com