Author Topic: 2016, 110", FLHXS, VH575, VH Power Duals/OS450, FP3, HPi 58, 5.3, SE Heavy  (Read 2609 times)

Offline anImel

I built this at home. My first experience with it. A lot of these parts were gifts to me prior to doing any research. So this is what I have. The build was pretty straight forward however the tune not so much. I know it's not the ideal combination but it is what I have. Just trying to get the most out of it before I make changes.

2016 Street Glide Special
Build; 10.2:1 110 bolt-on, 0.030 Cometic, SE CNC ported factory heads, HPi 58x62 elliptical TB, 5.3 injectors, SE heavy breather, V&H 575 cam/power duals/OS 450 slip-ons/FuelPak 3 tuner, basic canned map with no adjustments made.

Cam Specs;  Intake 20/40, Exhaust 45/15, Duration 240/240, Valve Lift .575, Valve Lift .180/.145, Lobe Center 100/105, LSA 102.5, Overlap 35.

4th Gear Dyno Run; ~110/107. I know these are low. Working on that. Going to dyno it for real but want opinions and to play around with it untill then.
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

What do you think happened at 3400 RPM? I could post some FP3 tables if that is likely the source. It seemed weird that it dipped but then picked back up. I would think it should have climbed a little higher there.

How much power differences in results from the 10.2:1 and 10.5:1 kits if all other factors are the same?

Curious if anyone wants to talk about FP3 settings or go over any changes I should make to them. But I can post that in tuning section.

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
Re: 2016, 110", FLHXS, VH575, VH Power Duals/OS450, FP3, HPi 58, 5.3, SE Heavy
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 09:01:40 AM »
Best thing you can do is install a better tuner. I would use the TTS myself and have it correctly tuned you will then know how good the bike can run.  Not going to get any love from guys that do this for a living on the FP3 .
www.gmrperformance.com  www.compensaver.com
817-741-2000   FORT WORTH TX

Offline TorQuePimp

• Site Supporter
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 10:06:21 PM »
Need a tune and a tuner

Online 1FSTRK

You will find your 4th gear run will not be comparable numbers wise to many other runs posted on the net.
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

Offline krwson

Call Daren @ ShefferHD only bout 3 hours from U. He can tune what you got, fix what you got or both!!!   No need to buy a new tuner...

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
Call Daren @ ShefferHD only bout 3 hours from U. He can tune what you got, fix what you got or both!!!   No need to buy a new tuner...

You sure about that.. I cannot speak for Daren but best guess is he is not going to mess with the FP3 .. he will PV flash it and tune it correctly is my best guess

Offline krwson

You sure about that.. I cannot speak for Daren but best guess is he is not going to mess with the FP3 .. he will PV flash it and tune it correctly is my best guess

That's what i'am talkin bout, just park the FP3  :agree:

Offline sfmichael

• Site Supporter
  • Hoping to build the next mighty 'mouse'

:agree:  good parts combo just need a good tuner - see Daren
Colorado Springs, CO.

Offline anImel

You will find your 4th gear run will not be comparable numbers wise to many other runs posted on the net.

Interesting, I was wondering why they ran it in 4th instead of 5th/6th like others posted. What effect would it have on the current graph?

Offline anImel

I seen these posted on a wall at a HD Dealer. My build, without proper tune, isn't the greatest but it seems comparable to these dealer built ones. Closer to the 259E cam. The 585 cam was better. [ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Offline 98fxstc

• Site Supporter
not too many Dealers know how to tune
A couple of members here are the exception

the runfile no. is always a good indicator

Offline joe_lyons

• Administrator
  • Just another squirrel trying to get a nut.
    • Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno

That is not always true with the run file #s.  It all depends on what you use to tune and your filing system.  I'll put test and tune files in one folder and final runs in another along with future modifications being in another folder.  I feel that file organization makes it easier for me to find something and keep the run file #s down.
Powerhouse Cycle & Dyno - Performance is our passion
816-425-4901

Offline 98fxstc

• Site Supporter

That is not always true with the run file #s.  It all depends on what you use to tune and your filing system.  I'll put test and tune files in one folder and final runs in another along with future modifications being in another folder.  I feel that file organization makes it easier for me to find something and keep the run file #s down.
makes good sense Joe
 :up:

Offline harleytuner

• Wide Open Cycles
I'd ditch the fp3, see Darren and ask if he can get you a, tune license for a vision and let him properly time it.  My first choice would be a TTS but the vision would do fine and would be less money if you go the license route. You can keep the fp3 for monitoring.

Enjoying the hell out of my "hotted" up twincam

Offline razorsedge

5th gear run would show more HP and TQ.  A lot, but not all dealers only do WOT runs in 4th gear,  They do not want to over speed the back tire.

I don't know the exact difference but I would guess about 5-8% more HP and TQ.  The pros will chime in if I am wrong.  :nix:
I refuse to tip toe through life only to arrive safely at death

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor

Offline Tail Ridr

« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2017, 04:09:28 PM »
Wonder if this was ever resolved with a better tune...?
Eliminate the Imperfections of mass production!

Offline anImel

« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2017, 04:48:32 PM »
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

Swapped cam for Tman 585PS and D&D fatcat. Tuned by Jason with TTS Mastertune. So technically not apple to apple comparison. Would have been good to see him tune old setup to see difference.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 05:50:02 PM by anImel »

Offline sfmichael

• Site Supporter
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2017, 10:04:25 PM »
(Attachment Link)

Swapped cam for Tman 585PS and D&D fatcat. Tuned by Jason with TTS Mastertune. So technically not apple to apple comparison. Would have been good to see him tune old setup to see difference.

love it  :up: :up:

nicely done - Jason knows his stuff  :up: :up:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Offline anImel

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2017, 11:31:16 AM »
Just curious about heads. Currently with SE CNC Ported factory heads that came in the kit. I'm wondering how much more I could get out of it with better head work, valves, porting, etc. I also have a set of stock heads laying around if they could be made to outperform the SE heads that I have.

Thoughts?

Offline GMR-PERFORMANCE

• Premium Vendor
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2017, 12:15:27 PM »
SE CNC is not great but it works . Yes other heads could be re worked to make more . But why Best guess is it might raise the peak Hp but TQ will stay the same it may broaden out some that would be it .. But I would tell you to go ride it call the shop in 6 months no sooner . Just enjoy the build it runs well . HP vs tq Look at the 110 drop on kits and you will see that the tq is like yours with less HP run down the sheet I did with a drop 110 kit DD fat cat our CNC heads ad our 600 cam. Which is in the range of the tman 590 . rolled 126/130 . I would not tell you though to change the kit . Looks good from here enjoy  :up:

Offline anImel

« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2017, 01:05:59 PM »
Iím not taking her apart. Just thinking out loud. It runs great. Iím surprised I havenít killed her yet. 10,000 hard miles this season.

Offline sfmichael

• Site Supporter
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2017, 11:04:30 PM »
Just curious about heads. Currently with SE CNC Ported factory heads that came in the kit. I'm wondering how much more I could get out of it with better head work, valves, porting, etc. I also have a set of stock heads laying around if they could be made to outperform the SE heads that I have.

Thoughts?

not much...let 'er rip and enjoy it  :up: :chop:
Colorado Springs, CO.

Offline lucasg

« Reply #23 on: December 10, 2017, 05:51:33 PM »
Great job; especially for someone just attempting this for the first time.  Like some of the others have said;  if it runs good and your happy .. Ride & enjoy  :up: