Author Topic: JENSEN HD1BT  (Read 441 times)

Offline shovelinabox

• Will work for bike parts...
JENSEN HD1BT
« on: July 13, 2017, 04:53:36 AM »
I am installing a Jensen HD1BT in a 2007 SE Ultra. On the back of the HK radio there are two large plugs. The Jensen only has one. Am I missing something here? I looked on YouTube and watched some installs and that plug is never mentioned and on some videos not present.

Any help would be great and thanks,
I cant decide if I want to ride to work or call in sick and ride all day...

Offline tdgriff

Re: JENSEN HD1BT
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2017, 09:36:04 AM »
Your not missing anything. It only needs one plug to work .

Offline UltraNutZ

• 2012 FLHTK VTPBB
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2017, 05:08:05 AM »
apparently didn't research well enough to know that the aux devices such as HD satellite, cb, communications - none will work with this (or any other) unit hence the reason only 1 plug.  if you want to retain all that, you're going to need to stick with an HD radio.
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons

Offline Just Nick

• Site Supporter
  • Stop staring at my wife's boobs
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 07:50:45 AM »
What about installing the Harley boom amp 76000068 With the Jensen radio. We have one now that the guy wanted the Jensen radio so we ordered it and now we find out the he has the boom amp with it and wants to keep it. Where can I hook up the Can + and - wires that control the Boom Amp? It is a 2013 ultra. The bike is not and can bus bike but Harley uses the can system for radio communications and I can not find out where to connect those two wires I have been told it is possible by the tech at ASA but he says he can not tell me where those connections are because Harley wont let him. I call bs he just does not know.
I'm never wrong , once I thought I was wrong , but I was wrong

Offline UltraNutZ

• 2012 FLHTK VTPBB
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 09:14:43 AM »
nowhere Nick, sorry.  the can bus is required to be supplied by the HD head unit and yes I call BS on ASA's tech response.

If the Jensen doesn't have CAN + and - then no dice.

here's a thought!  That head unit likely has more power output than that of the amp.  Pull the amp out of the mix, connect the head unit normally and send him on his way (of course tell him what you're doing).  tell him if he likes it great, if not then now you have the opportunity to put in a better amp
Politicians are like diapers.
They need to be changed for the same reasons