April 23, 2024, 02:36:04 PM

News:

2017 BREAKOUT TACH & GEAR INDICATOR ISSUES

Started by Timinator, December 02, 2017, 03:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timinator

I have a '17 Pro Street Breakout with a total of 3500 miles, not a bad bike. Underpowered though, but I am in the process of remedying that. LOL  I have had to remove the flat plug from the tach cluster to facilitate installing some other wiring, that I never had time to finish, so I just re plugged in the flat connector without actually doing anything else. Since then the gear indicator is blank except in 6th gear. Does that require a need to reprogram something? It does work, but only in 6th gear.
Also, lately, about a month after that problem surfaced, the tach sometimes just gets lazy, by that I mean it does go up when revving the engine, but slowly. Sometimes it seems normal and other times the needle just kinda wanders around at an RPM of less than the engine is turning. Weird, or what? Any one ever heard of this before? I don't want to take it to the dealer unless it is really necessary. The bike has a 117 kit, bigger cam, ported heads, headers, and a T-Max computer that would require removing the rear wheel to replace the stock computer before taking it in. All in all a big PIA,
so that's why I would like some info so I can decide what to do. Thanks    TIMINATOR
MODESTY IS A CRUTCH FOR THE INCOMPETENT!!!