March 28, 2024, 03:38:13 PM

News:

Supercharging

Started by To The Max, December 31, 2017, 10:54:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

To The Max

Happy new year guys, I have just been asked to fit a supercharger to a v rod, it already has a PV target tuner on it and my understanding is it wont be suitable , my first thoughts are the T max is there anything else and if so some guidance would be appreciated. Max

rbabos

Quote from: To The Max on December 31, 2017, 10:54:26 PM
Happy new year guys, I have just been asked to fit a supercharger to a v rod, it already has a PV target tuner on it and my understanding is it wont be suitable , my first thoughts are the T max is there anything else and if so some guidance would be appreciated. Max
Daytona Twin Tech is another option and is AlphaN also, like Tmax. 1130cc.com is your best source for info. Several turbo and SC as well as Nos running there to pull info from. What SC are you putting on?
Ron

To The Max

Thanks for the info I will check it out. the kit is a sprintex kit I think it is still made here in Perth his mate has one as well and has had a little trouble getting enough fuel to it , he runs a power commander and I don't think its the ideal set up. Max

speedzter

I know someone who installed one.

The original setup came with an auxillary fuel injector and controller.
It never ran right and dumped a heap of fuel into the crank case.
It was later tuned with an SE tuner, and still didn't run properly.

I don't think the power was overly impressive either.
The kit seems well setup mechanically, but needs some knowledge to get a decent tuning. combination.
I know a few bikes have grenade'd using the kit.
Patrick racing were selling the kits, and were looking into a better controller.

rbabos

January 02, 2018, 06:13:43 AM #4 Last Edit: January 02, 2018, 11:06:24 AM by rbabos
Quote from: speedzter on January 01, 2018, 08:33:35 PM
I know someone who installed one.

The original setup came with an auxillary fuel injector and controller.
It never ran right and dumped a heap of fuel into the crank case.
It was later tuned with an SE tuner, and still didn't run properly.

I don't think the power was overly impressive either.
The kit seems well setup mechanically, but needs some knowledge to get a decent tuning. combination.
I know a few bikes have grenade'd using the kit.
Patrick racing were selling the kits, and were looking into a better controller.
There in lies the problem. It can and has been done but the odds are against you with some of these crappy tune methods.
Get it right it's 160-170 hp easy. DDT Gen4 is the choice for the guys that have good success with the SC. Supposedly Holy Motto SC's even have a decent base map to start with for DTT.
Ron

To The Max

I have been re-searching and I think dumping the third injector is a very wise move . having a stand alone ECM will give me the smooth transition I want with fuel and timing I need, also im not sure I trust the third injector to deliver the fuel reliably to each cylinder. Now which injectore's and which ECM . I already use T.MAX and understand it but DTT can be on board monitered and I think the data logging might be better,would I be correct in saying that ? Max  P.S. thanks for getting involved I have fitted superchargers and tuned them on cars but I have never fitted or tuned one on a HD before and I want this guy to get a great set up.

sfmichael

Isn't there a company in Germany that produces these as well?
Colorado Springs, CO.

To The Max

Quote from: sfmichael on January 02, 2018, 11:07:30 PM
[/quoteYes and its a very nice looking kit and reading some of the reviews makes better horse power as well but about AUS 2500.00 more than the Sprintex kit ifn it was for me that's what I would buy.]

rbabos

I believe that was Holy Moto. Not cheap.
Ron

rbabos

January 03, 2018, 06:59:39 AM #9 Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:04:06 AM by rbabos
Quote from: To The Max on January 02, 2018, 08:12:53 PM
I have been re-searching and I think dumping the third injector is a very wise move . having a stand alone ECM will give me the smooth transition I want with fuel and timing I need, also im not sure I trust the third injector to deliver the fuel reliably to each cylinder. Now which injectore's and which ECM . I already use T.MAX and understand it but DTT can be on board monitered and I think the data logging might be better,would I be correct in saying that ? Max  P.S. thanks for getting involved I have fitted superchargers and tuned them on cars but I have never fitted or tuned one on a HD before and I want this guy to get a great set up.
Any research I've done is the DTT Gen4 is better then the Tmax. Another outfit in your area that installs and tunes SCs is Darkside Customs. Not sure what they use for tuning as the view in the laptop doesn't really show it but they have several over 200 hp.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF59gsbJuDA
This one with Sprintex looks to be DTT.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYSdok4Dask
Ron

To The Max

HI, have seen the Holy Motto kit and I like it VERY much. I think the rotrax blower will create less heat  thus more horsepower. Darkside costoms are the next people I will look up. I also down loaded the DTT software and im trying to get my head around it right now. I spoke to a tuner over here that has fitted a few Sprintex kits , he was a  little unimpressed with the horsepower ( 140 -145 ) from the set up ,even with the t max . Max

rbabos

January 04, 2018, 07:21:30 AM #11 Last Edit: January 04, 2018, 01:35:18 PM by rbabos
Quote from: To The Max on January 03, 2018, 11:40:02 PM
HI, have seen the Holy Motto kit and I like it VERY much. I think the rotrax blower will create less heat  thus more horsepower. Darkside costoms are the next people I will look up. I also down loaded the DTT software and im trying to get my head around it right now. I spoke to a tuner over here that has fitted a few Sprintex kits , he was a  little unimpressed with the horsepower ( 140 -145 ) from the set up ,even with the t max . Max
Rotrex (TTS) would be my choice too. The money for Sprintex and to get only 140-145 really isn't worth it in my view for that stealth install. A good 1340 stage 2 will give those numbers. I'm also not a fan of driving the SC off of the water pump shaft but it seems to work ok. I'd have to dig up the plenum layout on the Sprintex but the Darkside plenum addresses on very important aspect. That's separating the crankcase breathers . Like you, I've only played a little with the DDT software and it is different from my experience with Tmax, years ago. I have no personal experience with its use for full tuning but several that have used both Tmax and DTT claim the DTT is way better. Only reason I can see why is DTT uses the Map sensor for timing, which is likely a plus.  That's not saying Tmax won't get the job done. It's a standard for the Trax turbo kits.
I think Darkside with umpteen SC installs and tunes would be one of the best sources for knowledge. They must have at some point played with Sprintex as well.
Ron

sfmichael

Quote from: rbabos on January 03, 2018, 06:40:27 AM
I believe that was Holy Moto. Not cheap.
Ron

that's the one - their kit looked pretty good to me
Colorado Springs, CO.

HD/Wrench

February 23, 2018, 12:12:02 PM #13 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 12:21:15 PM by GMR-PERFORMANCE
I tuned one not too long ago with Tmax .. it ran very well .. I think I posted the dyno sheet.

https://www.facebook.com/559176144113934/videos/1621540137877524/

To The Max

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on February 23, 2018, 12:12:02 PM
I tuned one not too long ago with Tmax .. it ran very well .. I think I posted the dyno sheet.

https://www.facebook.com/559176144113934/videos/1621540137877524/
Thanks for that, I was wondering how the tmax would go. the costomer has backed out for now $ 9000.00 Aust for the kit was a liitle to much for him. he wanted the Sprintex because it was a lot cheaper but I steared him away from it because the Supercharger is driven off the primary timing chain and that scares me. Max