March 28, 2024, 07:58:54 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Why no "Show those Vrods" thread?

Started by Hossamania, January 04, 2018, 11:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hossamania

Every other model has one. Just saying.
I'm getting into the Vrods more now that they are becoming classics...
I was a fan of Matt Hotch's VLux, I thought it pretty cool.
The 'Rods turned into RoadGlides, not so much, except that at least they were trying.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

rbabos

Quote from: Hossamania on January 04, 2018, 11:35:32 AM
The 'Rods turned into RoadGlides, not so much, except that at least they were trying.
Me, I've never felt the need to post a pic of a bike that's close to stock in appearance. Some of the customs, sure, they can get pretty wild but I doubt anyone on this forum is into that scene. The VLux is a bit extreme.
Ron

Hossamania

The VLux was extreme, and there just were not that many customs done. They weren't even really modified much with wheels, bars, etc.
It's too bad. I think if it had been chopped in garages like every other Harley, it would have appealed to more riders.
Maybe when they bring it back for it's second life...

rbabos

Quote from: Hossamania on January 04, 2018, 01:52:23 PM
The VLux was extreme, and there just were not that many customs done. They weren't even really modified much with wheels, bars, etc.
It's too bad. I think if it had been chopped in garages like every other Harley, it would have appealed to more riders.
Maybe when they bring it back for it's second life...
It's big in Europe and Aus. Several custom shops for v rods. Some I like and some are too far over the top for me. Google No Limit Customs for some radical builds.  About the only place the v rod didn't catch on is NA and sales reflected that over the years. I doubt very much HD will ever bring it back due to EPA regs if nothing else.
Ron

Hossamania

Quote from: rbabos on January 04, 2018, 01:44:00 PM
Me, I've never felt the need to post a pic of a bike that's close to stock in appearance. Some of the customs, sure, they can get pretty wild but I doubt anyone on this forum is into that scene. The VLux is a bit extreme.
Ron

As I go back and look at a lot of the pictures that were posted, most of them were stock as well. But I understand that there just aren't that many out there.

rbabos

Quote from: Hossamania on January 07, 2018, 09:19:57 PM
Quote from: rbabos on January 04, 2018, 01:44:00 PM
Ron

As I go back and look at a lot of the pictures that were posted, most of them were stock as well. But I understand that there just aren't that many out there.
True. Here's one of my bike, 2013DX. Daughter captured it a couple years ago. Not great quality.
Ron

Hossamania

Nice looking bike, the look that I prefer on those bikes.

Panzer

Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Hossamania

Maybe if they had built the Vrod like that it would have sold more. Tradition and all. The Woodrod.