May 09, 2024, 09:34:55 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New BoomBox software

Started by FurryOne, December 10, 2017, 12:33:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FurryOne

H-D has just released new software for all 3 versions of the Boom Infotainment System.  Here's the list of fixes for the 6.5GT.   ( https://www.harley-davidson.com/us/en/owners/infotainment/software-download.html )

Premium Boom!™ Box
Version: 1.22.0.1 | Size: 880.8 MB
Date Released: 12/11/2017

File Size: 880.8 MB

Fixes

• Arrival time showed the current time after user deviated from a route.

• Next turn area displayed an arrow with the current street name.

• Special Alpha Jump characters were not displayed.

• The SMS (Short message service) repeat button wouldn't read the message clearly if pressed multiple times before it has completed the readout.

• Audio paused after loading a ringtone.

• VR (Voice recognition) not working after an ignition cycle.

• Local media preset inconsistent between shutdowns.

• User was unable to search for preferred POI (Point of interest) after simulation sleep.

• Constant "Game Start" pop-ups.

• Presets from USB (Universal serial bus) drive 1 were still visible on USB drive 2 but not highlighted as available.

• Albums and artists heading were mismatched with list.

• AM (Amplitude modulation) radio presets not highlighted when USB was unplugged.

• Repeat button NOT enabled on first selection.

• Pre-cal reset did not delete trails.

• Accept screen appeared for less than 15s after exiting User Off mode.

• Saving or editing emergency number did not work.

• No Siri® pop-up displayed while saving an emergency number.

• Text was missing in the maneuvers list after switching to high contrast mode and then back.

• No initial Siri pop-up initiated.

• Cancel noise was heard when going from VR to Siri.

• Prompt Volume was not updated after changes in Feedback Settings.

• GPS (Global positioning system) entry changed W(O) to E in Spanish.

• WHIM (Wireless headset interface module) – Low battery pop-up was not shown for passenger headset.

• WHIM – Paired Bluetooth® device name appeared as "Headset".

• Repeat prompt was not working.

• SiriusXM® weather map did not maintain the default zoom level.

• User off mode enabled navigation prompts.

• VR conflict if Siri was launched from phone at the same time with the radio.

• Saved USB presets for drive 2 were replaced by drive 1 after an ignition cycle.

• USB saved as favorite was not highlighted after an ignition cycle.

• Distance to next action bar disappeared before route recalculation instead of being grayed out.

• "Navigation is not ready" displayed when initiating navigation command to "Find Next Gas Station" via VR.

• Various bug fixes

Rockout Rocker Products

Thanks for that.

32 fixes plus "various bug fixes". 

Sounds like a good 5-6 minutes of testing went into the last release.
www.rockout.biz Stop the top end TAPPING!!

PoorUB

...and I will wait for a while to let someone else beta test the new update before I do mine! I hate it when the updates make it worse!
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

FurryOne

Quote from: PoorUB on December 10, 2017, 07:18:23 PM
...and I will wait for a while to let someone else beta test the new update before I do mine! I hate it when the updates make it worse!

I flashed mine before I wrote that.  The hardest part was staying awake while it updated.  It did reset my display brightness to Auto.

dmauray

When I checked the other day, that update is not there.  I thought it strange that the update was dated the day after the message saying it was there.

FurryOne

Quote from: dmauray on December 16, 2017, 07:09:45 AM
When I checked the other day, that update is not there.  I thought it strange that the update was dated the day after the message saying it was there.

It looks like they may have found a bug in the release or it was released "unofficially" and yanked.  I thought it was a bit funny that it was dated the 11th when it was available on the 10th (or earlier).  I save each update, so for the 6.5GT I have the 1.21.0.4, 1.21.2.1, 1.21.3.1, & 1.22.0.1 updates archived.

I haven't had a chance to really use the 1.22.0.1 version due to a foot of snow, but if they found a bug in the software, they may release a new version shortly.

FurryOne

Here's another weird quirk...  They now list 1.21.3.1 as the latest update, and the release date is 12/11/17.  The fixes listed are the same as that of the 1.22.0.1 update.  WTF?... I pulled the 1.21.3.1 update back on 9/25/17, so why is it now listed as 12/11/17?    :doh:

I'm a little irritated that I didn't copy each list of "fixes" for each version before.

dmauray

The last time I saw a release pulled back was the one that caused my system to go to the Logo screen and mute the GPS when it was working.  I reloaded the previous release over it and all was well again.  I would be interested in what the problem with this one was or if there is something in it that shouldn't be.

dmauray

That same version is now available again.  Maybe it was just released early.  It now has a date of 12/15 but the internal date is still the same.

FurryOne

Quote from: dmauray on December 18, 2017, 05:08:56 PM
That same version is now available again.  Maybe it was just released early.  It now has a date of 12/15 but the internal date is still the same.

Yeah, it only took them 2 months to review/test it.  I used to have a utility on OS/2 that would open each file and highlight the differences - it would be interesting why 1.21.3.1 looks the same as 1.22.0.1.  All the "fixes" listed are exactly the same.

berniemc

I installed the new updates and now my GPX map files wont load.

FurryOne

Quote from: berniemc on December 25, 2017, 11:42:22 AM
I installed the new updates and now my GPX map files wont load.

Just off-hand... what are you using to make your GPX files?

berniemc

I use a program named Tyre.Been using it for 2 years with no problem until I did the last 2 updates but now it will get to the files and stop.I have tried a reset and that didnt help either and installed an older update with no success.I have 2 and it messed  up both units.

FurryOne

Quote from: berniemc on December 25, 2017, 06:14:39 PM
I use a program named Tyre.Been using it for 2 years with no problem until I did the last 2 updates but now it will get to the files and stop.I have tried a reset and that didnt help either and installed an older update with no success.I have 2 and it messed  up both units.

It's possible that iGO changed the way it interprets GPX files.  I've never seen a program that formats GPX files exactly the same as the Boom (iGO) system does when you "record" a trip.  For one thing, iGO records status every 1 second, and the nomenclature is different even though iGO says it's GPX 1.0 format.  Here's a snippet from a route I recorded when I rode my bike - look at Tyre's formatting with a text editor and compare it.  Also,
the Boom system seem to me to get confused when it's not told where it needs to be every second on a route - something route editors never do.

dmauray

I tried loading a destination from a GPX and it routed fine.  I always build the GPX files myself instead of using some SW.  I usually just create a destination but have added waypoints to pick a specific route.  I only use enough points to stop it from taking the highway instead of the smaller roads.  You can also use HD Ride Planner to plan a route.  That is where I got the format I use for my GPX files.

berniemc

Always create my own maps too with Tyre and it worked flawless till I did the freakin updates!!

dmauray

I never had any luck with any of the software except the HD site.  I just create the files with a text editor.

Flyingbroke

This update still working well ?

FurryOne

Quote from: Flyingbroke on January 07, 2018, 11:39:06 AM
This update still working well ?

I'm going to roll back my update because ever since I installed it we've had nothing but snow and sub-zero temperatures!  :scratch: