May 03, 2024, 08:59:40 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

S&S Billet Fuel Rail for M8 Softail - Needed or fluff

Started by biggzed, April 25, 2024, 11:14:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

biggzed

Hey guys -

I'm getting ready to do a cam swap on my '21 Street Bob. List of parts at this time is:
CR480MT cam
Fueling lifters
S&S lifter cuffs
Fuel Moto adj push rods
Fuel Moto aluminum intake
Fuel Moto 5.5 injectors

I noticed S&S came out with their billet fuel rail to replace the OEM plastic one. Is there a high rate of failure? I realize it is pretty inexpensive, and I will be that far into it to where it would make sense to replace. Just curious if others have experienced failure of the plastic OEM rail.

Zach

rigidthumper

Billet fuel rail is not warranted in a stage 2 application.
Nothing gained except a lighter wallet.

On a side note, I've found the Andrews 465B to be a great alternative for a 114, and it's $100 cheaper than the CR cam, if that appeals to you.
Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

biggzed

Thanks. Kind of what I thought on the fuel rail. Appreciate the feedback on the cam as well. All the parts are already on the bench ready to go in. There are so many good options for bolt in cams that really wake up these M8's.

Zach

Deye76

Reminds me of the Delkron cam plate that wasn't needed.
East Tenn.<br /> 2020 Lowrider S Touring, 2014 CVO RK,  1992 FXRP

hrdtail78

Fluff, only time I see them broke and only place I have seen them broke.  The index notches for injectors and I blame this on poor maintenance practices.
Semper Fi