March 28, 2024, 02:37:34 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Texas Mile

Started by 08flstf, January 28, 2018, 06:36:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

08flstf

Was wondering if anyone here has been to the Texas Mile or similar event. I went a couple years ago and it was pretty cool. Was thinking of maybe running the Roadglide just for giggles. Anyone else done this?

https://www.texasmile.net

HD/Wrench

Yes i was there last year . Good times for sure

Johnwesley

January 29, 2018, 11:18:48 AM #2 Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 06:41:29 PM by Johnwesley
I'll be there this year, working with Rich. He'll be running a fxr
05 FXD superglide,98",10.6,S&S585, HPI 55/58,
WFO Larry's cnc2+, supermeg,120hp

08flstf

Next one for this year is March and registration is already closed but it would be nice to be able to meet up with anyone from here that might be going.

Johnwesley

Quote from: 08flstf on January 29, 2018, 04:05:10 PM
Next one for this year is March and registration is already closed but it would be nice to be able to meet up with anyone from here that might be going.

I'll be there Friday and Saturday, plan to take the Superglide, unless the weather is bad then It's the Indian.

08flstf

Cool, I'll look for you.

HD/Wrench

I did not look but I think the GT 40 will be back for a another shot at the amazing MPH it laid down last year .  The waiting list is always an option though many will not make it .. Something to think about 200 listed at this point there was some issues this year and I just found out due to those issues She did not get the bike on the list . We are on waiting list . So I may not be going  :emsad:

Johnwesley

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on January 30, 2018, 06:40:56 AM
I did not look but I think the GT 40 will be back for a another shot at the amazing MPH it laid down last year .  The waiting list is always an option though many will not make it .. Something to think about 200 listed at this point there was some issues this year and I just found out due to those issues She did not get the bike on the list . We are on waiting list . So I may not be going  :emsad:

Keep us in the loop, I'd like to meet you if your going to be there. Your one of the nearest builder and tuners I have at just 4.5 hrs out

08flstf

Only one week away. Just checking to see if anyone here is still planning on making the mile.

HD/Wrench

well it looks like I am out  Family staying longer more more family coming on Wednesday of next week .

HD/Wrench

The winds where crazy over the weekend and accidents and life flights where part of the game plan in the search for speed

https://www.victoriaadvocate.com/news/two-motorcyclists-seriously-hurt-at-texas-mile/article_882809bc-307e-11e8-8372-43bd445f545d.html