May 04, 2024, 10:25:15 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Static compression with a cr 460 and a 120" suburban kit.

Started by msnyder, February 01, 2018, 05:36:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HD/Wrench

That and the screws are self tapping so you may have tq on the screw but do you have clamp load on given part

Sunny Jim

Given the suburban kit is set at 10.9:1 , how does it compare with other available kits eg. Fuelmoto, Tman?

happyman

Quote from: GMR-PERFORMANCE on February 06, 2018, 07:06:23 AM
Have used the fulsac kit it works very well .

https://www.sscycle.com/tappet-cuffs/
Lifters flavor of the month , S&S is offering a low cost billet lifter anti rotation block . Nice upgrade .

Valve job nothing wrong with that either .  At and at that point I would at least do a minor blend in several areas as these are stock heads with core shift and many have material hanging into the port .  nothing crazy by any means something that you can do your self or have the head porter " clean them up" I do not want to use the term porting as well just me I guess.   As I said I am in the process of putting that 120 together ow.. I wanted to so badly clean the ports up but .. cannot as I want to see how it works as a stock head . Testing an testing

Check the oilers to see if they are loose , there is a small trick there as well but it may or may not be the total reason for sumping in some engines .  :idunno:  Case pick up is most likely a larger reason . But will have to see where this goes from HD as well .

In my opinion the OEM springs are fine for lift up to the 460 range . SE offering of springs at this point is a good price point .  or this option in the very close price point as well  https://www.sscycle.com/products/heavy-duty-valve-spring-kit-for-2017-18-m8-touring-models/
curious  about the term case pickup.     can you help me out a little hopefully  Thank

VDeuce

Quote from: Sunny Jim on February 08, 2018, 02:28:23 PM
Given the suburban kit is set at 10.9:1 , how does it compare with other available kits eg. Fuelmoto, Tman?
Fuel Moto would not provide me with piston dome volume.

T-Man's 120 pistons have a 6CC dome, cutable. So it all depends on where the heads are. If we assume 89CC heads, a 6CC dome will be very high on compression, about 11.7:1 static and over 240CCP and I would need to cut them down to the point that may as well use a flattop, which is what Suburban offers.

T-Man's setup seems geared toward his heads which have larger chamber volume.

BigT

I bought a set of M8 Wiesco 11:1  4.125 pistons from Tman. Flat top -4 cc. I thought he offered the same piston at 4.185 / 120".  Cranks over at 218 F&R with the TTS 200 cam.

VDeuce

Quote from: BigT on February 10, 2018, 03:14:27 PM
I bought a set of M8 Wiesco 11:1  4.125 pistons from Tman. Flat top -4 cc. I thought he offered the same piston at 4.185 / 120".  Cranks over at 218 F&R with the TTS 200 cam.
That I will check on Monday, thanks! The website lists flattops for the 117 version, but I would want them for the 120 bored cylinders.