April 27, 2024, 04:58:04 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Primary Chains - the Good, the Bad, and the Broken

Started by Ohio HD, February 26, 2018, 08:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tacocaster

Good to know you escaped unscathed, KD!

I watched with eyes wide open and held-breath as a rear chain literally - and relatively slowly, string itself-out behind a 750 Norton Commando SS running WFO. I lifted, thinking buddy was gonna be into a full-on, unintended panic stop just ahead/beside me (yeah, he was winning, dammit!). Absolute zero damage minus the chain but man! What it could've been.... must be hard walking with horseshoes up in there.

I've yet to see a primary chain go "Taz" but assured it would not be pretty - or cheap.
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.

kd

Quote from: Tacocaster on December 24, 2023, 03:43:41 AMGood to know you escaped unscathed, KD!

I watched with eyes wide open and held-breath as a rear chain literally - and relatively slowly, string itself-out behind a 750 Norton Commando SS running WFO. I lifted, thinking buddy was gonna be into a full-on, unintended panic stop just ahead/beside me (yeah, he was winning, dammit!). Absolute zero damage minus the chain but man! What it could've been.... must be hard walking with horseshoes up in there.

I've yet to see a primary chain go "Taz" but assured it would not be pretty - or cheap.

I fixed my post for clarity.  It was a primary chain.
KD

Tacocaster

My fault, KD. I knew you were talking Primary.
I was leaning away from this "primary" thread - but a "rear" chain story was all I had to share...and it's Christmas and I wanted to share. :SM:
We're all A-holes. It's to what degree that makes us different.

kd

KD

HighLiner

Ohio HD

December 26, 2023, 01:44:33 PM #131 Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 02:58:20 PM by Ohio HD
I sent out a Tsubaki and the Regina that just came in for cryogenic processing. I figure it can't hurt, and may just keep the chain going into the new 124" bike from stretching and breaking. 

CryoPlus Automotive and Motorsports Brochure

https://cryoplus.com/about.php#process

HighLiner

Ohio HD

HighLiner

Thanks for the update I'll have to place an order quickly.