April 30, 2024, 12:27:09 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

intercom

Started by timcosby, April 09, 2018, 10:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timcosby

? about headsets and intercom. the rear headset seems to act opposite of the way it should. when not speaking the music is low and when you speak it gets louder????? ive swapped the headsets back and forth so its not the headset. almost like it is wired backwards but surely not. is it in the settings somewhere? 2004 electraglide ultra classic shrine :scratch:

timcosby

got the same blank stare from everyone i ask!!!!???? :missed:

FurryOne

Quote from: timcosby on April 21, 2018, 11:35:34 PM
got the same blank stare from everyone i ask!!!!???? :missed:

Was this working ok before, or is this the first time you've tried the rear headset?

timcosby

just purchased it so im new to it.

Bakon

The older intercom like yours, allow the music volume to be set differently for When there is conversation and when there is no conversation.  I suggest sitting in garage with other person and putting on helmets. Set volume for radio. Then one of you start talking non-stop and adjust the radio volume again. I don't remember if you have to change a setting or how you set the conversation volume different but I remember doing it.  Also set the vox while in garage as this will drive you crazy on the road. Might need bumped up on highway because of bike noise activate the intercom but at least you will know your low setting.

Best advise- play with it.
wasting time

PoorUB

Quote from: BAKON on April 24, 2018, 09:21:35 AM
The older intercom like yours, allow the music volume to be set differently for When there is conversation and when there is no conversation.

'04 or late model, they both adjust radio, intercom and CB volume independently. Only difference is how the controls work.
I do agree, hook up both headsets and turn on the bike and play with the controls until you understand them. Most volume problems with the Ultra or Limited is due to lack of understanding how they work.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

timcosby

thanks will do. just now getting it back together after checking cam chain tensioners