May 01, 2024, 04:54:19 PM

News:

Timken conversion done

Started by Wookie3011, March 16, 2022, 06:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wookie3011

Quote from: cheech on March 17, 2022, 07:13:48 AM
Quote from: Wookie3011 on March 17, 2022, 07:04:46 AMWould ohming it out verify functionality? This is what I have but am not sure if these values are still valid or how many Amps it is.

Amps  ohms

22    0.2-0.4
32    0.1-0.2
43    0.1-0.2

Is this still accurate? Or am I looking for visual damage mainly? Thanks Rigid

If I'm  understanding you correctly.
That spacer being too short.

You pinned the outer ring of the rotor against the case.
Never smashed it up against the stator itself.

Would be visibly damaged I'd think.

Yes, that is correct. I looked and didn't see any visible damage and it isn't out of round. So hopefully all is good.

cheech

An afterthought, do make sure it didn't pinch up against and damage the stator leads going through the case.

kouack

The spacer is to set proper alignment for the rotor/stator since you do not have the same measurements compared to regular roller bearing with the race the installed on flywheel.  once rotor is installed the shims are used to set the alignment between engine sprocket and clutch.

Ohio HD

Quote from: Wookie3011 on March 17, 2022, 07:18:36 AMThat is a excellent question? I Wondered that also? If the stock spacer for a 110 Beta 2016 motor is 1.565 then where in the heck did this spacer come from and should it be somewhere else inside? Not good, when I got the Crank from DH they had a spacer included in the price but it stated it was .425" spacer for B-model Man O'War crankshafts Supplement to DH-14766-HBR.

The 0.988" spacer is for the 'B' motors using the OEM crank bearings, 2001 to 2006, and is HD 24039-01A.
I'd still call them and let them know what you have. They stand behind their work.

FXDBI

Quote from: Wookie3011 on March 17, 2022, 06:30:27 AMI have my answer :doh: .986 . Dangit, so I did torque down the compensator bolt to 20 ftlbs. Is this going to be possible damage to the Timken? Is there a way to verify its still good without tearing down? If it's necessary i obviously will do whatever but.. on a positive note I Made me a specialized  tool for endplay on the output side at work. Pretty nice little rig. Got a new sprocket shaft spacer on the way from Eastern performance. The goal is to align the ring gear with the compensator gears correct? So I'll shore up with shim stock and the current spacer within .010 and then chuck it up in the lathe with my over all measurement. I can always take off more but can't Put it back. As always I greatly appreciate all the help and can't express enough how awesome you all are. Truly amazing! Thanks

I would buy the proper spacer install it and see how it all looks and turns over. Personally I wouldnt be machining it. Installed it should be in spec for the chain alignment.  Bob

Wookie3011

Quote from: FXDBI on March 17, 2022, 10:44:44 AM
Quote from: Wookie3011 on March 17, 2022, 06:30:27 AMI have my answer :doh: .986 . Dangit, so I did torque down the compensator bolt to 20 ftlbs. Is this going to be possible damage to the Timken? Is there a way to verify its still good without tearing down? If it's necessary i obviously will do whatever but.. on a positive note I Made me a specialized  tool for endplay on the output side at work. Pretty nice little rig. Got a new sprocket shaft spacer on the way from Eastern performance. The goal is to align the ring gear with the compensator gears correct? So I'll shore up with shim stock and the current spacer within .010 and then chuck it up in the lathe with my over all measurement. I can always take off more but can't Put it back. As always I greatly appreciate all the help and can't express enough how awesome you all are. Truly amazing! Thanks

I would buy the proper spacer install it and see how it all looks and turns over. Personally I wouldnt be machining it. Installed it should be in spec for the chain alignment.  Bob

Ok, it should be extremely close as is. I believe eastern performance lists their spacer around 1.125. The DH Compensator has 2 shims it came with at .015 a piece. The machine shop said that the spacer was the original as Ohio said. Little by little she's a going together. Details and patience will pay off in the long run. Rigidthumper suggested D&D Borezilla's to enhance my hogged out heads :baby: got them in black. BLACK IS THE NEW GOLD! Not a huge fan of the swept look unless it's on a old shovel or knuckle but I'm sure for 10 extra ponies one could learn to love them.  :chop: thanks for all the help. I did like the look of the propipe in Black but not at the cost of power.