May 08, 2024, 09:25:34 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Question for Seattlednya

Started by the Grump, May 06, 2009, 11:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Grump

I've painted a few bike in my day, but I'm not a painter by any means. How long should you wait to wax after you spray Urethane. It's the PPG Omni paint if that makes any difference. Single Stage. Thanks

seattledyna

Grump,

after I apply the "final" coat of clear, as soon as the following day I can 1500 wet sand, polish with Meguiars 105 or 2.0 compond then follow with wax such as Maguiars Gold Class or even sometimes I will use S-100 Detail &Wax.

then I put the parts aside to cure for several days or a week before wrapping and shipping, the urethane paints "creep and crawl" and are somewhat soft for awhile, if you wrap them too soon the packaging will leave marks in the finish.

if you are careful you can polish and install on the bike and let them cure in place, there is nothing better than time though :wink:

so yes, you can wax with in a few days if you want to answer your question

the Grump

Thanks, I appreciate it. Wasn't sure I thought you had to wait a good while to wax. It's already been wetsanded with 2000 and polished out with Finess by 3m. Looks good. Wax will just make it look better. Thanks again.

seattledyna

:up:

that 3-M Finess is good stuff also!