March 28, 2024, 04:31:08 PM

News:

M8 track testing

Started by jbroski, April 16, 2018, 08:11:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jbroski

Gained 3 mph, lost et. My riding was a little suspect, even taking off a tenth it's not what I was hoping for. Left lane, 2017 117ci flhx. Right lane slick tire care, cut a .0008 light, wtf. Keystone 04/14/2018

1FSTRK

You are a lucky man getting in a track day already. How many runs did you get?
"Never hang on to a mistake just because you spent time or money making it."

jbroski

Not that lucky, my local track can't open with the weather. Drove 300 miles one way for 4 runs. Didn't do what I wanted but at least I have a direction.

1FSTRK

Were you running the set up from the dyno graph in this thread?
http://harleytechtalk.com/htt/index.php?topic=103431.msg1222283#msg1222283

Compared to the slip in the dyno section, You have a consistent 60' and you were quicker at the 330.
Did you use different shift points for these runs?

jbroski

shifting the same(trying to). first time running cr530 cam and burns pipe. probably shouldn't of changed 2 things at once. i'm not sold on the big tube header for my ci. peak dyno #'s yes.

1FSTRK

Looks to have come out of the hole as strong, I would next try a run with short shifting followed by a run with high rpm shifting and compare the incremental times.

jbroski

Good ideas and you could be right. I'm making changes, not ci, compression or weight. Goal is 6.77 1/8's 10.70's 1/4. Want to mess up and run 10's

jbroski

New personal best on this bike.

jbroski

Backed it up. Tried staying in 4th. On the rev limit too long. Could of went 70 flat

1FSTRK

Great work!
Look at that last 60' time a 1.565 now you're talking.

jbroski

Thanks, feeling a lot better about this week's results. Now time to get the fast bikes out

Racepres

Bring 'em to Bowling Green???
Already have Indians and Victories... No M-8's!!!   WTF

1FSTRK

Quote from: jbroski on April 22, 2018, 01:08:16 PM
Backed it up. Tried staying in 4th. On the rev limit too long. Could of went 70 flat

Based on your best incremental times from the last two runs you have a 10.698
If you could have pulled that 1.565 60' time on the time slip from Feb 17 at Silver Dollar you would have a 10.484. All of the increments were faster on that run, what did you change between then and now?

jbroski

The list is long, cam, pipe, air cleaner, gearing and was running vp c45 now pump gas

jbroski

1FSTRK

Nice run  :up: :up:
Are you getting consistent 60' times yet?
What gear did you go through in?

jbroski

60' went away as the clutch plates started to wear. must of changed static pressure and moved weights farther from pressure plate. shift into 5th about 100' from the end of  the 1/4

Jonny Cash

Accurate information is expensive, rare and difficult to find!

nibroc

1FSTRK