March 28, 2024, 06:35:40 PM

News:

Spark Plugs

Started by 00se, April 22, 2018, 08:44:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

00se

For the couple of members who actually ride a V-Rod, which spark plugs do you use. How often are they changed? Thanks.

rbabos

Quote from: 00se on April 22, 2018, 08:44:00 AM
For the couple of members who actually ride a V-Rod, which spark plugs do you use. How often are they changed? Thanks.
Stock HD V rod plugs gapped to .035, torqued to 17'lbs.  I change them annually, not that they need it but I get bored over the winter.
By the book it's every 30000 miles or two years. From my observations they would go much more then 30k but they are cheap and you only have one per cyl.
Ron

00se

No winter here to be bored about. Ron, thanks.

To The Max

Hey Ron I used  a NGK Iridium plug in the v rod I put a stage two kit into they will last a lot longer any cons . Max

rbabos

Quote from: To The Max on April 23, 2018, 01:29:27 AM
Hey Ron I used  a NGK Iridium plug in the v rod I put a stage two kit into they will last a lot longer any cons . Max
I've not used them . Reason I stayed with stock was for knock control (ion sensing) for tuning reasons. Some plugs might screw with that, not saying the Iridiums do since I've never tested them.
Ron

To The Max

:scratch: :scratch:
Quote from: rbabos on April 23, 2018, 05:33:22 AM
I've not used them . Reason I stayed with stock was for knock control (ion sensing) for tuning reasons. Some plugs might screw with that, not saying the Iridiums do since I've never tested them.
Ron
Oh didn't know the v rod had ion sensing must look at the p.v again .

To The Max

Oh will be away for a while if I don't  reply. Max

rbabos

Quote from: To The Max on April 23, 2018, 02:36:38 PM
:scratch: :scratch:
Quote from: rbabos on April 23, 2018, 05:33:22 AM
Ron
Oh didn't know the v rod had ion sensing must look at the p.v again .
Yup. Had one area it was pulling timing when it was tuned. Rear cyl , I think it was but only 3* Fixed a hole in the ve table in that area and it stopped pulling timing. Overall, Revolution engine seems to be quite detonation resistant.
Ron