Primary Noise After Baker Attitude Adjust Install

Started by Propflux01, June 03, 2018, 07:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnie nap

Well if that don't make ya sleep like a baby!!! 

zoot

Hate to say this but the Baker chain adjuster is a POS. And they don't wan't to deal with it.They give you the runaround. I gave up with them. I just won't buy anything from them any more.I went through 2 of them. Last one they just pissed me off with there my sh+t don't stink attitude about it.
Best thing I found is take the stock adjuster  and weld it. A little bead is all it takes. If it needs adjusting grind off weld ,adjust and reweld. Save your money

Johnnie nap

Anyone know where I can get the Evolution bump stop? The only one I found is in Europe. Not sure if it will make it here!

Ohio HD

Quote from: Johnnie nap on April 13, 2020, 03:34:08 AM
Anyone know where I can get the Evolution bump stop? The only one I found is in Europe. Not sure if it will make it here!

Yes, call the manufacture.

autoworker

April 13, 2020, 04:54:58 PM #29 Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 05:41:53 PM by autoworker
Quote from: Johnnie nap on April 13, 2020, 03:34:08 AM

Evolution Industries....tel:(909)594-7969
They should have some in stock.They finished up a batch about 3 weeks ago.
It must be true,I read it on the internet.

Johnnie nap

Propflux01

A Shovel And A 55-Gallon Drum Can Solve Alot Of Life's Little "Issues"...

Johnnie nap

May 06, 2020, 03:43:38 PM #33 Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 05:20:17 AM by FSG
So I received the bump stop from evolution industries. A little pricy for what it is (60 bucks plus shipping)for a little piece of metal IMHO worth if. It gives me peace of mind since I've been through a bent transmission main shaft,lost the splines in two clutch baskets not to mention multiple compensators. The bike is an 09 CVO road glide so it's lived through the learning curve of the MoCo's changes and upgrades to the primary case.
I did have to grind quite a bit off the bump stop to get the chain rite. But now it's smooth and quietest it's ever been and an alternative to welding.

You cannot see attachments on this board.

Propflux01

A Shovel And A 55-Gallon Drum Can Solve Alot Of Life's Little "Issues"...