Hippo biuld (I know....again) but specifics.

Started by ΚĜΗΟŜΤ, May 08, 2009, 05:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coyote

The OP started this thread 6 years ago.   :idunno:

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: PoorUB on May 01, 2015, 05:15:40 PM
Kghost, you probably got the idea already, but what Max is trying to say is if you don't follow the recipe for chocolate cookies and put in peanuts in instead of chocolate chips, what do you have? It sure isn't a Hippo build, close, but not quite.

:up:  Heck this can be the 86ed build..  :wink:  103 at 10.5 with kompressor heads 570 cam.. Jason can document a couple and you carve out a place in twin cam history..  :teeth:

86fxwg

Quote from: Max Headflow on May 01, 2015, 06:05:38 PM
Kghost, you probably got the idea already, but what Max is trying to say is if you don't follow the recipe for chocolate cookies and put in peanuts in instead of chocolate chips, what do you have? It sure isn't a Hippo build, close, but not quite.

:up:  Heck this can be the 86ed build..  :wink:  103 at 10.5 with kompressor heads 570 cam.. Jason can document a couple and you carve out a place in twin cam history..  :teeth:
U have a short memory max, no compressor heads max on a 103. Remember the race up the mountain. :wink:

86fxwg 06flhx 10flhx

Admiral Akbar

Quote from: 86fxwg on May 01, 2015, 07:58:13 PM
Quote from: Max Headflow on May 01, 2015, 06:05:38 PM

U have a short memory max, no compressor heads max on a 103. Remember the race up the mountain. :wink:

I do (have a short memory)   :embarrassed: 

ΚĜΗΟŜΤ

Wow I was surprised to see this topic pop up.........

I have been running my build now since 2010....

I am over all satisfied with the build.....after all this time I wished I went bigger and with more power.........the usual.......never enough........

Have an ongoing issue with kick back so took it apart last week and having comp releases done now....head guy talked me out of them when he did my heads back in 2010 so he is machining them for 0.............

Machine shop/indy who did the actual build will clean my heads up (lots of oil carbon build up) and put new and better seals as they have been leaking since year one or so after build......uggggg

Here is my build specs.

Member since 2004