May 09, 2024, 03:57:16 AM

News:

Above 6k Vtuning

Started by rbabos, June 07, 2018, 11:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

I recently fixed a crap dyno tuned cal for a guy and noticed something. Yes he went back to the tuner but got the spew that SE2 cams run that way so I was asked to see why. That was mid rpms where it had missing in light loads, so unrelated to my question. During setup in the afr table I noticed this.  TTS only vtunes to 6k and a vrod can spin up to 10k if you choose. How are tuners dealing with the above 6k to WOT when it comes to the ve tables. Viewing several cals, some leave them in base settings, some up the VE in this area to the extremes, assuming the engine needs this. As rpms increase, most ve tables drop off in ve, from the mid point so not sure a random increase of over 10% is wise, given the AFR table is at 13.0-13.2 in that area already. Just trying to learn the right approach.
Ron

rbabos

Well, I guess if one uses TTS as it comes, it's only good for 2/3 of a tune for v rods then.
Ron

kd

KD

rbabos

Quote from: kd on June 10, 2018, 07:40:04 AM
Did you call Steve?
No , and there are reasons for that. :kick: I believe the bike owner has regarding the never published MT8 cas for v rods.
Ron

rigidthumper

June 10, 2018, 08:46:00 AM #4 Last Edit: June 10, 2018, 08:50:47 AM by rigidthumper
 HD Super Tuner will only go to 5500 RPM for closed loop on Vrods, and HD doesn't even offer a Street Tuner for the V-Rod models.
I do know 15% throttle will surpass 6K RPM, but I used a dyno & sniffer for all the testing on VRSC models ( which weren't that many, I had less than 200 V-Rods on the drum, and most of those were for shootouts, not tuning.)
[smg id=3327]
Anybody close with a green VCI/widebands?

Ignorance is bliss, and accuracy expensive. How much of either can you afford?

rbabos

Quote from: rigidthumper on June 10, 2018, 08:46:00 AM
HD Super Tuner will only go to 5500 RPM for closed loop on Vrods, and HD doesn't even offer a Street Tuner for the V-Rod models.
I do know 15% throttle will surpass 6K RPM, but I used a dyno & sniffer for all the testing on VRSC models ( which weren't that many, I had less than 200 V-Rods on the drum, and most of those were for shootouts, not tuning.)
[smg id=3327]
Anybody close with a green VCI/widebands?
I just emailed him about that option if that lower right area needs to be done right.
Ron