May 09, 2024, 02:54:46 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

auto [de]tune in power vision?

Started by johnk1173, June 12, 2018, 01:10:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnk1173

I've been running some autotune sessions and then flashing my ECM. Each new AT session is always based off the previous AT session which was saved to a new slot and then flashed to the ECM. The original tune I started autotune on was the one supplied by FM.

Today I took the PV and hooked it up to my notebook and ran the winPV program. I loaded a tune from the PV, choosing one of the auto tunes I had done. I then did a compare and compared the autotune to the FM supplied tune.

I'm really surprised to see so many things have changed, for example: in the FM supplied tune the injector size is 5.32, and in the autotuned tune it is 4.35. In the FM supplied tune the displacement is 139 and in the autotune the displacement is 103.3 (this number is different between some of the autotunes as well).

Within every tune item on the tree I have multiple yellow triangles that indicate some changes. I would expect some changes, but is this normal? For example in the Airflow tune settings, the throttle blade control is changed significantly.  Another example, in the Environment tune settings, the EITMS temperature is changed. And another in Environment tune settings, the closed loop minimum temperature was changed. EITMS was disabled in the FM tune, yet now it's turned on in the autotune...

Why would autotune change so many settings?

My autotune settings were for learned VE, and after completing several of those sessions I added in spark learning as well.

After several autotunes I am no where near the original map supplied by FM and I think my map is now much worse!

What do think about this and what do you think I should do? Return to the FM supplied settings? Then try autotune again? My F/W and S/W are up to the latest revs.

It very well could be operator error, but the process of enabling AT, exporting the learned, flashing the ECM is done as specified in the target tune manual.

Jamie Long

You are not comparing the same tunes. Auto Tune will only generate VE (or if configured) spark corrections, and it may prompt to scale the displacement constant, it cannot change any of the other table that are different. If you are not sure what you are working with it is good practice to start over with the original base calibration. If you need a copy of the map or if you need tuning assistance you are welcome to use the Fuel Map support portal which can be accessed using the Fuel Map link on our website and we are happy to help.   

johnk1173

I have no clue how these settings were all changed then, I've only loaded the base map you sent and then did autotunes against that map... I'll take your suggestion and start again with the base map...

rbabos

Quote from: johnk1173 on June 12, 2018, 03:12:38 PM
I have no clue how these settings were all changed then, I've only loaded the base map you sent and then did autotunes against that map... I'll take your suggestion and start again with the base map...
No idea either. Any settings I've made to the tune before or during have remained. I did not use Basic autotune but MyTune instead , not that it should make a difference. How are you saving the final cal in the drop down? (Save as) is what I use.
Ron

Coyote

Quote from: Jamie Long on June 12, 2018, 02:48:07 PM
You are not comparing the same tunes. Auto Tune will only generate VE (or if configured) spark corrections, and it may prompt to scale the displacement constant, it cannot change any of the other table that are different. If you are not sure what you are working with it is good practice to start over with the original base calibration. If you need a copy of the map or if you need tuning assistance you are welcome to use the Fuel Map support portal which can be accessed using the Fuel Map link on our website and we are happy to help.

:agree:  you are missing something.  Start over.

TJAH

Short answer: You have flashed a wrong map in the PV.

It's understandable, but to correct the situation, you have to start over with the correct map.