May 05, 2024, 02:56:25 PM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

New guy from Ft. Worth

Started by TexNorth, July 31, 2018, 08:51:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TexNorth

Hey everyone, been wanting a Harley since I got my first bike when I was 18 (quite a while ago), well last year I finally bought myself a kinda of rough 1992 FLHTCU to fix up.   I wanted something to play/tinker with and learn off of.....well, I got that.   It has been a real learning experience as the bike has more new parts then old, including Wiseco pistons, new primary, seals, bearings, stator........ and numerous other parts.  About the only things I didn't tear into are the lower end of the motor, and the gears in the transmission.  Even learned how to shoot paint fairly well.  But it's my bike now.  It's not where I want to be yet, but it's no longer on the path to be stripped down for parts. 

I'm looking forward to learning even more about that Evo. 

Since the FLHTCU, I also bought a 2005 XL883C so my kids could ride too.

Pete_Vit

Welcome from N. Central Arkansas, sounds like you've been having fun already, this is a great place and some great folks to get all you need, and some you don't   :potstir:
again welcome  :beer:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

SixShooter14

Howdy, another welcome from Arkansas

Definitely a lot of good info here. You can find just about anything you need in the EVO and General tech sections. And if you can't find it, just ask.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

Leed

And a big welcome from Houston!  You'll find this a great site full of good folks...  Well most of them😎

TexNorth

July 31, 2018, 01:48:47 PM #4 Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 01:53:34 PM by TexNorth
Thanks, looking forward to tapping this vast forum of knowledge, and maybe being able to share something I learned along the way.

By the way, here is a before (when I bought it) and after of my ride.   Keep in mind it is still a work in progress.  I still have to paint the back end among other things.   I know I'll never "finish" it.........

Hossamania

If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take everything you have.

harttoo

Panzer

Look'in good 2x.
Call me iron butt, I road across the width of Delaware once.  :up:

Welcome from southern Delaware.
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Pete_Vit

Quote from: Panzer on August 01, 2018, 07:19:03 PM
Look'in good 2x.
Call me iron butt, I road across the width of Delaware once. :up:

Welcome from southern Delaware.
:hyst: :hyst: the 9 mile stretch or the 50 mile stretch   :potstir:

TexNorth

Isn't that about the distance from Fort Worth to Dallas?    :SM:

SixShooter14

Quote from: TexNorth on August 02, 2018, 09:54:35 AM
I bet that Delaware 9 miles takes less time than a DFW 9 miles.
'97 Road King, Rinehart True Dual, HSR42, 10:1, EVL3010, 2000i

TexNorth

Quote from: SixShooter14 on August 02, 2018, 09:58:55 AM

That's no lie.   I grew up in Houston and moved up here in 84.   A lot of people have moved here since then.

Pete_Vit

Quote from: SixShooter14 on August 02, 2018, 09:58:55 AM
yup, no hills no turns. :chop:

TexNorth

Hey! We have hills and turns.   I am up at the 650 foot level of the hill here in Fort Worth.   Zero is down in Galveston.  Not only that, but I think there are 3 slight turns in that distance.

:teeth:

Pete_Vit

Quote from: TexNorth on August 02, 2018, 02:04:29 PM
Hey! We have hills and turns.   I am up at the 650 foot level of the hill here in Fort Worth.   Zero is down in Galveston.  Not only that, but I think there are 3 slight turns in that distance.

:teeth:
:hyst: I moved from PA to Del, lived there 11 or so years, where I lived was pretty much at sea level and the only hills were from the overpasses on the new highway, right Panz ?  :SM:
added later: But then, I was close to the beaches and the mountains, and could get beer on Sunday  :SM: :beer: :beer: