March 28, 2024, 03:11:31 PM

News:

-07 Night Rod clutch

Started by xlfan, July 23, 2018, 07:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xlfan

Anyone know clutch friction plate stack height? Or total clutch pack stack height?  I haven't found any adjustment possibilities, I guess clutch is fixed and depending on correct stack height and correct clutch spring freestyle length to avoid slipping?

rbabos

July 24, 2018, 06:03:22 AM #1 Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 09:57:19 AM by rbabos
Quote from: xlfan on July 23, 2018, 07:53:23 PM
Anyone know clutch friction plate stack height? Or total clutch pack stack height?  I haven't found any adjustment possibilities, I guess clutch is fixed and depending on correct stack height and correct clutch spring freestyle length to avoid slipping?
Don't know off hand what the 07 stack is. In 08 they went slipper clutch. All are hydraulic and no adjustment needed. Slipper is a direct swap for upgrade and most bikes have done this or gone to extra plate Barnett.
There is no stack dimension I can find and if this 07 has been converted to slipper, the only info on that is,  any friction disc that measures as low as.142, the whole stack needs to be replaced. No info on steels other then any that have turned blue or have a warp of .006 should be replaced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGQ_qSalW4Y
Ron

xlfan

Great info! Thanks alot 👍

doubletrouble

Just did a clutch in an 07 niterod , replaced it with the barnett replacement unit and did use the red heavy duty  springs , parts were real reasonable and i can tell you it dont slip .

xlfan

Did your previous stock setup slip? Do you still have the plates available for measuring stack height?