March 28, 2024, 11:33:50 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

RIP Jim Hutton

Started by No Cents, August 12, 2018, 10:38:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FSG

billbuilds

Sorry to hear this.  :sad:

Chippitt68

ViseGrips

..  :sad:...my heartfelt condolences and prayers.

aabikrman

:sad:

Sorry to learn of this, my condolences and prayers.....

Ya'll ride safe out there

black

send  lawyers guns and money

PoorUB

I have tried to post something 3-4 times, but words escape me.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!

Justpassingas

For Duty and Humanity

Hossamania

Quote from: PoorUB on August 14, 2018, 05:31:27 AM
I have tried to post something 3-4 times, but words escape me.

I have had the same experience. Such very sad news.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

calif phil

Jim and I have been friends for a long time.   I am going to miss him very much.  You could not be in a bad mood around Jim.  His infectious smile, and his sharp wit would have you laughing in no time at all.  He was a talented contractor and mechanic.  I will always remember him and his generosity. 

August 2015 I am talking with Jim on the phone.   He says something like this.

Jim.   You should sink your lifts in the ground.

CP     I would love to but,

Jim.   I will come out and do it for you.

CP.    I can't ask you to drive 1500 miles one way to put my lifts in the ground.

Jim.  I need a vacation, I will round up the tools and get Keith to join me. 

CP.    I can't ask you to do that and I can't afford it right now either.

Jim.  I didn't ask for $  We will be out.

That is the kind of guy Jim was.  He and Keith drove out and worked like crazy for three days and drove home.
I am forever grateful and smile every time I load a bike on my lift.   I spoke with Jim moments before he headed out on his last ride, He was coming to visit me in three weeks.  I will always remember and miss my friend Jim Hutton.   :sad: :cry:

texaskatfish

...............................S I G H

Prayers for Peace, Strength, and Solace are UP          :sad:
Katfish  Vice President   Cypress Chapter BACA
RIP Jester http://bacaworld.org/

JohnCA58

All words still escape me,  I would go and BS with Jim all the time, I had just got back from 6 weeks in Europe and first thing I did was go visit Jim, glad I did.... we would talk about everything in life, politics, and family.  he was all excited about Margarita Festival that Keith was leading and gave him a chance to get away from the shop,  he was sick of the shop and lack of A/C with the HOT temps we were having plus he was super busy.  Phil, he was also talking about visiting you and looking forward to it.  Going to miss him a lot.   RIP Jim

http://thepinetree.net/index.php?module=announce&ANN_user_op=view&ANN_id=58685

YOLO

dynabagger

2001 FXDXT, 117"
2014 KTM 1290 Super Duke R

Coff 06

Keith, and John also. I know you are taking care of things,but If there's anything at all,anything.
Please let us know. I am truly sorry for you loss. I enjoyed his company on our Kelseyville ride to lake Berryessa.        Warren
06 FX Springer, 98",11/1,9B+4*,HPI 55/58 /5.3inj,HDSP Pro Street heads,123/118

twincamzz

I can't say that I ever got to meet the man, but I sure enjoyed reading his posts. RIP Jim, you will be missed by many. :sad:
not all who wander are lost...

nwrvman

turboprop

Like many on this page, I met Jim (Hop Sing) some years ago at the V-Twin Expo. I always looked forward to seeing Jim and the rest of the HTT crew at the Expo. I cant count how many times I have had dinner, breakfast or drinks with that guy. Always funny, very intelligent, just a really good dude. It saddens me to know that he and his lady friend (does anyone know her name?) were killed the way they were, but on the ups side, he went out riding his bike with what were probably his best friends. If there is a Valhala for bikers, Jim is there. Probably planning to install a subsurface bike lift.

Lets not forget Coyote in all of this. I have experience with seeing your friends killed while leading them. Its a mind "Potty mouth" to the  tenth order and no man should have to experience it. I hope Coyote can find peace within himself and know that this was not his fault.

Cheers to Jim, His Lady,  Keith and everyone else effected by this. Love you guys.

L&R Ed
'We' like this' - Said by the one man operation.

sacbluescat

August 14, 2018, 05:56:40 PM #67 Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 05:59:01 PM by Coyote
Rest in Peace Jim and Teri !  Very fortunate to have met Jim and visit him at his shop a few times. Great Guy ! My sincere condolences to you Coyote , for the loss of your best friend and ridding partner . What a tragic event to endure. Wishing you strength to get through these tough times ahead .

lickidysplit

I never met the man but I remember when cali phil posted the pics and story of him coming and putting his lifts in the ground. I thought then and there what a guy he must have been. A real friend and genuine top shelf kind of people. The world needs more like him. We should all strive to be more like that. For all that was lucky enough to know him and call him a friend I offer my condolences and so sorry for your loss!!

Baggerlady

04 SE Deuce

Quote from: turboprop on August 14, 2018, 05:46:06 PM
Like many on this page, I met Jim (Hop Sing) some years ago at the V-Twin Expo. I always looked forward to seeing Jim and the rest of the HTT crew at the Expo. I cant count how many times I have had dinner, breakfast or drinks with that guy. Always funny, very intelligent, just a really good dude. It saddens me to know that he and his lady friend (does anyone know her name?) were killed the way they were, but on the ups side, he went out riding his bike with what were probably his best friends. If there is a Valhala for bikers, Jim is there. Probably planning to install a subsurface bike lift.

Lets not forget Coyote in all of this. I have experience with seeing your friends killed while leading them. Its a mind "Potty mouth" to the  tenth order and no man should have to experience it. I hope Coyote can find peace within himself and know that this was not his fault.

Cheers to Jim, His Lady,  Keith and everyone else effected by this. Love you guys.

L&R Ed

:up: :up: :up: Her name was Teri Lish...see post #29.

Jim had a way of putting a soft humorous edge on witty sarcasm...cool dude.

guydoc77

Quote from: turboprop on August 14, 2018, 05:46:06 PM

L&R Ed

:beer: :up: Well said Ed. Sorry Coyote for your loss.

76shuvlinoff

I never met Jim but I followed the exploits.  When I was pretty ill in 14 Jim sent me a great note which gave me some incite to the man's character.  Obviously by the responses here he made an impression and is remembered well.   That's really all any of us can ask for, to be remembered well.

Mark
Critics are men who watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors.
 - Ernest Hemingway

-deuced-

Condolences to friends and families of Jim and Teri  :sad:

rageglide

August 18, 2018, 07:35:04 PM #74 Last Edit: August 18, 2018, 07:46:00 PM by Ohio HD
My most sincere condolences to Jim and Teri's family, personal friends and HTT family/friends. 

I heard about this horrible news while on vacation and raised a glass in his memory at that time.  Those hay trucks on CA Highway 88 are a public menace at this time of year.   Anyone who rides that beautiful stretch of road at this time of year needs to be very wary of them.  My father died on hwy 88, on Aug 13th, 2005.

RIP Jim and Teri   :sad: