March 28, 2024, 03:23:06 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

Porsche Museum

Started by rbabos, August 16, 2018, 06:22:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbabos

At least Porsche isn't embarrassed about being involved with the v rod.
https://motorbikewriter.com/porsche-keeps-v-rod-alive/
Ron

PC_Hater

I don't believe for one minute the statement that they dropped the V-Rod engine because they couldn't get it to meet Euro4 emission specifications!
This year is Spain and France but next year will probably be Germany again, we'll have a stop in Stuttgart and visit the museum.
1942 WLA45 chop, 1999 FLTR(not I), 2000 1200S

rbabos

Quote from: PC_Hater on August 17, 2018, 06:20:21 AM
I don't believe for one minute the statement that they dropped the V-Rod engine because they couldn't get it to meet Euro4 emission specifications!
This year is Spain and France but next year will probably be Germany again, we'll have a stop in Stuttgart and visit the museum.
Don't know for sure but it was one of  the biggest markets for them. If one looks at a v rod and compares to that new puss pimple called a Street, I'd bet they wanted to cut manufacturing costs per bike as well. Every one of the 400000+ built were sold, so there was some market for them.
Ron

Panzer

Interesting, thanks for the post.  :up:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to change the toilet paper.

Chippitt68

It's amazing to me how modern looking the older cars are. The 959 is an absolute work of art and can still run with modern super cars. The 917 was capable of 240 mph, in 1970! Amazing resume of performance and timeless design. The variants of the flat six have been stomping the competition for decades. Do you consider their collaboration with HD a success?

rbabos

Quote from: Chippitt68 on August 17, 2018, 02:42:38 PM
It's amazing to me how modern looking the older cars are. The 959 is an absolute work of art and can still run with modern super cars. The 917 was capable of 240 mph, in 1970! Amazing resume of performance and timeless design. The variants of the flat six have been stomping the competition for decades. Do you consider their collaboration with HD a success?
I can't imagine HD could have done it right on their own. The VR1000 is a perfect example of how not to do it. :sick: Revolution is a really cool powerplant.
Ron

PoorUB

Quote from: rbabos on August 17, 2018, 05:34:15 PM
Quote from: Chippitt68 on August 17, 2018, 02:42:38 PM
I can't imagine HD could have done it right on their own. The VR1000 is a perfect example of how not to do it. :sick: Revolution is a really cool powerplant.
Ron

The engine was a success, the Vrod was not.

I still think HD screwed up and should have built the Vrod engine for the touring frame. A little more bore and stroke and tune.
I am an adult?? When did that happen, and how do I make it stop?!