March 28, 2024, 02:09:04 AM

News:

For advertising inquiries or help with registration or other issues, you may contact us by email at help@harleytechtalk.com

7th Annual NHRA New England Nationals SAVE THE DATE!

Started by EL in NH, October 09, 2018, 01:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EL in NH

7th Annual NHRA New England Nationals July 5, 6, & 7 2019

Regards

Nastytls

I've gone several times. You can see in that photo the spectator standing section on the right, next to the start line and it's only about 20 feet from the track. It's nuts when the top fuelers take off from there, you can feel the mist from the fuel coming out of the exhaust and it's like someone has kicked you in the chest. You end up leaving covered in rubber from head to toe. Really cool spot and worth the trip.

Hossamania

I will say that if someone has not been to a Top Fuel event, it is something that really needs to be experienced. The absolute violence of two Funny Cars leaving the line cannot be explained. You don't even need to be at the line, just being on the grounds will leave no doubt.
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Pete_Vit

Quote from: Hossamania on November 06, 2018, 08:26:47 AM
I will say that if someone has not been to a Top Fuel event, it is something that really needs to be experienced. The absolute violence of two Funny Cars leaving the line cannot be explained. You don't even need to be at the line, just being on the grounds will leave no doubt.
:up: working back east my boss took me to Williams Grove one year, wow, just wow, we had pit passes and the last race we walked up to the wall, you could feel the pistons pumping in your chest  :SM:
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

Hossamania

I was halfway down the track, in the stands, and it made me jump every time. I was afraid to get up close to the line.
I don't know how the crew can stand there, sucking that raw Nitro, and then having that blast hit them on take-off. Just the smell of the Nitro in the pits when they start them burned my throat like acid.
One of the guys from the old days was talking about taking the cars over to England for a race. They had never seen anything like that before, and when the first car was started in the pits, it scared the living hell out of everybody there, they had no idea what was going on, thinking the car had absolutely blown up and there must be bomb damage. Many ran away thinking the worst.
Now that would be fun to see!
If the government gives you everything you want,
it can take away everything you have.

Pete_Vit

the other thing that's amazing is watching them back in the pits engines still hot and them being taken apart and rebuilt in time for the next run  :smiled: 
93 XLH1200 - 96 FXSTS - 2010 Ultra Glide Classic
www.facebook.com/harleypartsch

spdrcr

Justpassingas

Weathers looking mighty fine for Sunday so far...I'll be there again up on the hill 😎
For Duty and Humanity

spdrcr